Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

On 12/30/2021 at 3:36 PM, Cartman said:

REVEALED: Nancy Pelosi's millionaire husband Paul purchased millions in Alphabet, Disney and Salesforce stocks two days after she opposed ban on lawmakers buying shares

We've been assured by our MSM and academic elites that Democrats would NEVER do such things as buy stocks based on insider trading...

Not to go all Pfife on you, but I’ll take your silence as an admission that you lied. That might work on your favorite right wing propaganda outlet, but that stuff doesn’t fly here. And of course I’m sure you and all your Trumpy friends will use this as more proof of how mean this board is to conservatives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

20 million would be the 4th largest state in the US. We gained an entire state the size of the state of New York in illegal immigrants. 

The number of illegals crossing into the US was a little over 2 million in 2021 from what I've read.  Someone added an extra "0".  Is anyone here concerned about this?  This does nothing but bring harm and trouble to our country.  I get it that some of them are just hard working people looking for help but there are legal ways to get in the US.  Besides those people there are plenty of other people coming across the border to do bad things like drugs, crime and terrorism.  They are not all Mexican or Central American's either.   Then there is the health crisis they bring.  Many American's are mandated to get the Covid vaccination but these people are required nothing.  They are shipped around the country live off from us basically.  Its a drain and a danger to all of us and the country. 

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Trump's wall is not working

Unfortunately the wall was never finished.  Had it been it would have helped.  Last I knew Abbott was trying to get it completed in Texas. 

A border wall has been supported by both sides of the aisle until Trump pushed it, then all the dems were against it.  There is plenty of video of Biden and his party members supporting a border wall.  This is a great example of how low the politics of this country has gone.  When the two sides can't come together to do the right thing to protect the country something is wrong.  Now the dems want to show how wrong Trump was they've basically opened the border.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Most of those people "being shipped around the country" are actually working at low paying jobs for unethical employers. They are in the main the exploited, not the exploiters.

A lot have been put on planes and buses and shipped around the country. 

5 minutes ago, Archie said:

Unfortunately the wall was never finished.  Had it been it would have helped.  Last I knew Abbott was trying to get it completed in Texas. 

A border wall has been supported by both sides of the aisle until Trump pushed it, then all the dems were against it.  There is plenty of video of Biden and his party members supporting a border wall.  This is a great example of how low the politics of this country has gone.  When the two sides can't come together to do the right thing to protect the country something is wrong.  Now the dems want to show how wrong Trump was they've basically opened the border.

You haven't heard there is a worker shortage? It's the US capitalist class that does not want the border closed tighter because it would force up US wages. And they pay the most of the campaign bills for both parties. 

At least the progressives who want open immigration are honest about it and want the emigres to have a path to citizenship so they are harder to exploit. I think they are quite wrong about open borders being a viable policy, but at least they don't lie about it.

Edited by gehringer_2

8 minutes ago, Archie said:

Oh that's right, it was never built.  The guy who always keeps his promises couldn't make his signature promise happen.  I never supported it.  I thought it was one of the dumbest ideas ever and that it would not have prevented people from coming here.  It would have been a big waste of money.  

17 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

You haven't heard there is a worker shortage? It's the US capitalist class that does not want the border closed tighter because it would force up US wages. And they pay the most of the campaign bills for both parties. 

At least the progressives who want open immigration are honest about it and want the emigres to have a path to citizenship so they are harder to exploit. I think they are quite wrong about open borders being a viable policy, but at least they don't lie about it.

Right, the ruling class wanted the tax cuts and judges (to prevent regulation).  They want imigration (for cheap labor) and they don't give a crap about your cultural issues.  

45 minutes ago, Archie said:

The number of illegals crossing into the US was a little over 2 million in 2021 from what I've read.  Someone added an extra "0".  Is anyone here concerned about this?  This does nothing but bring harm and trouble to our country.  I get it that some of them are just hard working people looking for help but there are legal ways to get in the US.  Besides those people there are plenty of other people coming across the border to do bad things like drugs, crime and terrorism.  They are not all Mexican or Central American's either.   Then there is the health crisis they bring.  Many American's are mandated to get the Covid vaccination but these people are required nothing.  They are shipped around the country live off from us basically.  Its a drain and a danger to all of us and the country. 

I love immigrants and don't think its "nothing but harm and trouble to our country" 

And yes incessant GOP lies about immigrants is a huge concern.  It's telling you can't call out obvious lies.  

9 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Wait, what terrorist walked in from Mexico? 

I think it's ironic the most dangerous border city in the US is on the Canadian border and not the Mexican border. 

These were the first two from a quick search.  Plenty more available.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/12/biden-admin-deletes-own-reports-of-terrorist-arrested-in-us-after-crossing-southern-border/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/saudi-arabian-terrorist-nabbed-mexico-border-yemeni-border

13 minutes ago, Archie said:

These two links are the same person and he was arrested by border patrol so apparently the border security worked. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

These two links are the same person and he was arrested by border patrol so apparently the border security worked. 

https://news.yahoo.com/suspected-terrorists-crossing-border-level-174700735.html

How many made it in the country we don't know about?  Why doesn't anyone care and just make excuses.  Can we be too safe?