Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

13 minutes ago, oblong said:

I lost several family members on that day from social media.  People were like "It's antifa..."

It still shocks me that Foxnews is allowed in US Government spaces.  its not a news source.   

too many people believe its normal

18 minutes ago, romad1 said:

It still shocks me that Foxnews is allowed in US Government spaces.  its not a news source.   

too many people believe its normal

They "report" to their base viewers.  They are no different than any other so called news outlet.  I feel the same about CNN.  Today they have a headline remembering the lives lost at the Capitol on Jan 6.  There was only one life lost that day.  No officers were killed or any other protestors or rioters.  Its just sensationalized reporting playing to their base.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, oblong said:

The only lives lost on 9/11 were the hijackers...

I still remember looking into the eyes of a guy on the elevator here...after I watched all of the 1/6/2021 events...and he showed me his "Electoral College" t-shirt under his work shirt.  These maniacs are all over the place in DC.  Fox and its children have been very invasive.  

31 minutes ago, Archie said:

They "report" to their base viewers.  They are no different than any other so called news outlet.  I feel the same about CNN.  Today they have a headline remembering the lives lost at the Capitol on Jan 6.  There was only one life lost that day.  No officers were killed or any other protestors or rioters.  Its just sensationalized reporting playing to their base.  

on such a solemn day, it's good to have a little levity like this. thank you for the laughs.

33 minutes ago, Archie said:

Lolwut?

27 minutes ago, Archie said:

The number of deaths is not relevant.  It's about everything that happened from election day through January 6.  The president tried to overturn an election right in front of everybody.  He spit on our democracy and constitution like no president in my lifetime.  It was a historical and disgraceful time in our nation's history and it's still happening.  This can not be downplayed.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Archie said:

They "report" to their base viewers.  They are no different than any other so called news outlet.  

They are currently involved in a multi-billion dollar libel lawsuit involving the lie that led to the events of 1/6.

So yes, they are quite different than most other news outlets on this. 

• Thanks 1

I remember a conversation I had a couple of tears ago with a passenger at DTW who inquired about CNN being on the TV screens. I told him that the rights to the screens were put up for bid every few years. CNN was evidently the winning bid.

He wasn't exactly pleased when I informed him that's how free enterprise works.

(I later learned that CNN was the only company to place a bid)

• Like 1

I thought Biden gave a good speech this morning about January 6th. It's too bad almost no one saw it and given the short attention span of people, will have long forgotten both the speech and the insurrection by the time November roles around. I love the media's bothsidesisms that will continue as normal after today. You know, some people on one side tried to overturn an election and overthrow democratic institutions of power, but let's hear from Chuck Todd, the New York Times, and Politico about Democrats in disarray for the 1,000th time and how Republicans can take back power.