What Are You Listening To?

mtutiger

3 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Yep.    WRIF finally played single today.        The Alt 98.7 has yet to play the single.     What a joke.    Way to pay attention, fellas.  Way to miss a cool moment before the song was on streaming or available to buy.   You could have owned the moment, but nope, asleep at the wheel.     That's why your stations are losers.  

On 7/31/2024 at 3:01 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

Yep.    WRIF finally played single today.        The Alt 98.7 has yet to play the single.     What a joke.    Way to pay attention, fellas.  Way to miss a cool moment before the song was on streaming or available to buy.   You could have owned the moment, but nope, asleep at the wheel.     That's why your stations are losers.  

I still listen to the Drew Lane show and they occasionally go 'behind the curtain' and talk about just how stupid the WRIF was for not being on the front lines supporting the White Stripes, other Detroit bands, and lesser known rock as a hole.  Recently they interviewed Brian Vander Ark (Verve Pipe) and he's doing afternoons on a station in Grand Rapids.  He mentioned he's got a lot of control of what he plays and is pretty sure he's the last big/mid market person left with that control.  He mentioned that station plays some of their off hours with Little Stevies underground garage as well which is about the one reason I'd actually pay for Sirius XM ever again.

On 8/9/2024 at 9:01 PM, Tigeraholic1 said:

Even though Willie sounds like Clint Eastwood (I mean he is 91 still making music)this is a banger of a song. Gonna try to listen to the whole album this weekend.

Just listened to this tune this morning after you posted it. Such a good song. Rodney Crowell wrote the song with another songwriter and so it makes sense that it's good. Rodney Crowell is one of the best songwriters out there.

• Thanks 1

Post Malone said he'd be recording a country album and he did just that. Given his prior affinity for artists like Sturgill Simpson I had some hope for this album. I'm honestly about 50/50 on his new country album titled F-1 Trillion. I'm 100% in though on his duet with Sierra Ferrell called Never Love You Again. A straight forward, well written, traditional country song and collaboration if there ever was one.

Some other tunes I enjoyed off of Post Malone's new country album include his duet with Luke Combs Missin' You Like This, California Sober with Chris Stapleton, Right About You, Nosedive with Lainey Wilson, and Mexico with Billy Strings. If you're into either country music or Post Malone I think the album F-1 Trillion is worth a listen all in all. It's by no means going to redefine the genre or become a Metamodern Sounds of Country Music or Southeastern type of album. That said, I can appreciate Post elevating artists like Billy Strings, Sierra Ferrell, Sturgill Simpson, Tyler Childers and the like on this album and throughout his career.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
  • Like 2

Listening to the new Ray Lamontagne album, along with Morgan Wade's new one. Both are great.

Also, always listening to Sierra Ferrell. I like that lady a lot. She is from the neck of the woods where I came from and she is comfort music for me. She takes me back to my youth.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2024 at 2:58 PM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Some other tunes I enjoyed off of Post Malone's new country album include his duet with Luke Combs Missin' You Like This, California Sober with Chris Stapleton, Right About You, Nosedive with Lainey Wilson, and Mexico with Billy Strings. If you're into either country music or Post Malone I think the album F-1 Trillion is worth a listen all in all. It's by no means going to redefine the genre or become a Metamodern Sounds of Country Music or Southeastern type of album. That said, I can appreciate Post elevating artists like Billy Strings, Sierra Ferrell, Sturgill Simpson, Tyler Childers and the like on this album and throughout his career.

I do like all the duets but seems like a crossover money grab in the end.

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I am seriously thinking of going to England to see Oasis next Summer.  

I give it less than a 50% chance that these shows happen.   Even smaller for the rumored North American stadium tour that is supposed to follow.    Too much time for these morons to blow it up before next July.  

No, I wasn't close to the stage, but I was there, and it was cool to be part of something with a buzz like this going in.  Haven't been around that in awhile (not a Swiftie myself - no until she comes out and endorses Kamala in mid-October).   

Could have fought to get closer, but comfort is more important than sight line these days.   I know what Jack White looks like.  

Found a new country artist to check out thanks to savingcountrymusic.com named Rich Henderson. He's got a new album out called Alive in Alabama. So far, I've listened to only the song below off the album called Time Well Spent. I'm liking what I'm hearing thus far. Sounds like a solidly traditional country artist singing a well written song that tells a story we can all relate to.

• Like 1