What Are You Listening To?

mtutiger

So I often make fun of Robert Smith of The Cure for how perfectionist he is and how he has to do and re-do his vocals 1,000 times before releasing a new Cure album.

Thinking it would never happen I pledged on the air that if the Cure releases an ablum in 2024...........I will dress up like Robert Smith that day.   The hair and the makeup.     

Looks like The Cure is releasing a new album in November.        

I'll send pictures. 

The-Cure-Robert-Smith-1140x855.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

We've been giving tickets away for Jane's Addiction / Love & Rockets next Friday

If they cancel I'll get 2 or 3 winners that insist we owe them something.     

We don't. 

Nothing’s shocking anymore. There’s  no new tale to tell with people these days.  

4 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Nothing’s shocking anymore. There’s  no new tale to tell with people these days.  

They just need to stop, but I guess whether they do the show or not, summertime rolls on.   We'll see if it lasts another three days.   i thought the tension was all in my  mind.   anyway, its no big deal.  

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Did you read Doughty's "Book of Drugs" ?    He did not speak kindly of his Soul Coughing experience.

I haven't read it, but I'm aware of his (past) animosity and that he blamed the others for getting him into heroin.

glad they've patched things up, anyway, even if only so they can do a reunion tour. it was a fun show, and I went with my friend who had missed seeing them live in the '90s, so good stuff all around.