4/28 @ 1:10 Tigers @ Twins

Tigeraholic1

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

They could be calling guys and giving them a shot. There is no reason at all not to give Clemens, who is playing well, a shot. They just won't do it. Cameron gains nothing playing at Toledo, he probably catches the ball Haase missed and the ball Willi missed.

In terms of development, they are really imbalanced between pitching and position players as well.

Like, I love that Alex Faedo threw 5 scoreless striking out 8 last night.... but at this point, I'd rather have another promising position player prospect.

Edited by mtutiger

as has been said many times, other than skubal, they really havent developed anyone other than their guys taken at the top of round one.  and the jury is still out on those guys too.

otoh its a long season and they started slow las lt year too.  plenty of time.

Just now, Dtrain72 said:

Sure, if I bet.  And if I did, I wouldnt ever touch any Detroit sportsball team with Candelarios 10 foot swing and miss zone.

I don't want to be this cynical.  This start to the season is bringing it out of me.   I half expect the first game of this series was thrown to save Haase's kid's lives. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, buddha said:

as has been said many times, other than skubal, they really havent developed anyone other than their guys taken at the top of round one.  and the jury is still out on those guys too.

otoh its a long season and they started slow las lt year too.  plenty of time.

There's plenty of time for a 75 win season. If we are repeating 2021, it's just walking in place. I'm not sure you can really blame anyone aside from Avila and his boss. They decided on scorched earth tanking and nothing else. This is the end result.

Just now, romad1 said:

I don't want to be this cynical.  This start to the season is bringing it out of me.   I half expect the first game of this series was thrown to save Haase's kid's lives. 

I'm with ya, but cynicism is perhaps the best defense mechanism re coping with this team so far...I hate it as well.  I dont think anybody thought it would look this consistently bad.  So cheeky jokes it is!

2 minutes ago, kdog said:

There's plenty of time for a 75 win season. If we are repeating 2021, it's just walking in place. I'm not sure you can really blame anyone aside from Avila and his boss. They decided on scorched earth tanking and nothing else. This is the end result.

avila is totally to blame.  its not that the tanking was bad, because the tanking has brought them top prospects who are heavily predicted to be good players.

the problem is that - other than skubal - there does not appear to be a lot in the system to help.  and that's on avila who has been in charge of drafting for the last 5 years and was heavily involved in the process before then.

this is 100% on al avila and the tigers' inability to draft and develop talent.  with all that said, they seem to be moving in the right direction finally in the last few years.  it may just be too early to see results from that (which is not to excuse his earlier failures).

To the extent that the system has any depth, its with pitching, particularly RHP. 

I really think Brieske, Olson, Faedo, etc. have promising futures. I buy that. But that doesn't help you when you are trotting the Castros out there every night.

This is a league where guys like Alex Dickerson get DFA'd. I dont understand what the gamble is in trying to sneak Harold thru, or to option Willi to see what Kreidler and Clemens can do at this point. Might as well try something different.

Would anyone even claim Harold if they DFA'd him?

Edited by mtutiger