NFL Draft Night - As It Happens.

the lions have never had the situation jax is in.  the lions had stafford on a massive contract  from day one and moved from that to another huge deal with goff.

which is not to say they cant win with that, but they have never been in jax's current position.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

When was the last time the Lions traded up like this in the 1st round? I feel like they traded from the early 2nd to late 1st to draft Best and I believe that trade was with Minnesota or to get ahead of Minnesota. 

To be fair, it's hard ot trade up from 3. 

• Confused 1

I don’t believe for a second that Williams was disappointed to picked by the Lions.  Dude was still limping on the stage just a few months from major knee surgery.  He had to be ecstatic that he was still picked high.    

DJ Chark is the one that may not be so happy the Lions picked Williams but that’s the business of the NFL 

Laken Tomlinson is good. The lions abomination of an OL coach(Ron Prince) basically hated him. They traded him to a smart org in SF and he turned it a core guy for them.

Now he signs a huge deal with the Jets. Lions ineptitude almost screwed another player.

Just now, Hongbit said:

I don’t believe for a second that Williams was disappointed to picked by the Lions.  Dude was still limping on the stage just a few months from major knee surgery.  He had to be ecstatic that he was still picked high.    

DJ Chark is the one that may not be so happy the Lions picked Williams but that’s the business of the NFL 

I think Williams was surprised, based on the limited contact the team had with him prior to the draft, but that does not mean that he was disappointed.

I don't think Chark will mind though. Teams need more than two competent WRs, he's on a one-year deal, and the WR the Lions took may not even be 100% to start the year.

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

I think Williams was surprised, based on the limited contact the team had with him prior to the draft, but that does not mean that he was disappointed.

I don't think Chark will mind though. Teams need more than two competent WRs, he's on a one-year deal, and the WR the Lions took may not even be 100% to start the year.

It may even help Chark as teams will roll safety coverage to Williams to prevent the deep ball. 

8 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Chark won’t mind because this is the business of the NFL.   Things change. He had other options and chose the Lions as team without speed WR to showcase himself for a year and try the market again in 2023.

1 minute ago, Longgone said:

Wish list:

Boye Mafe, edge

Trey McBride, te

Nick Cross, s

Tariq Woolen, cb

Troy Andersen, lb

Skyy Moore, wr

Christian Watson, wr

I don't think I would double down on Edge/DE or WR at this point. My new wishlist for tonight is

1. Malik Willis/QB

2. Nakobe Dean/LB

3. Jaquan Brisker/S

4. Chad Muma/LB

5. Leo Chanal/LB

6. Christian Harris/LB

7. Kenneth Walker III/RB

8. Breece Hall/RB

7 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Will Williams even be ready for the first 6-8 games of the season? If not, Chark will have all the time in the world there to showcase himself.

If push came to shove Id imagine he'd be able to go by the start of the regular season but if the Lions were smart they'd take it slowly, no need to rush him back at this point. 

I know not everybody is the same and Adrian Peterson is a freak specimen but I remember one year he had an even more serious ACL injury along with an MCL too that happened in the playoffs so after Jameson's and he was back at 100% by the start of the following regular season. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

If push came to shove Id imagine he'd be able to go by the start of the regular season but if the Lions were smart they'd take it slowly, no need to rush him back at this point. 

I know not everybody is the same and Adrian Peterson is a freak specimen but he got I remember one year he had an even more serious ACL injury along with an MCL too that happened in the playoffs so after Jameson's and he was back at 100% by the start of the following regular season. 

Agreed, we are contending for anything next year, so we don't need to risk another injury with Williams. I'd give the kid as much time as medically needed to fully recoup and heal. If it means he misses the first 4-5-8 games or more of the season, I am ok with that.

15 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I don't think I would double down on Edge/DE or WR at this point. My new wishlist for tonight is

1. Malik Willis/QB

2. Nakobe Dean/LB

3. Jaquan Brisker/S

4. Chad Muma/LB

5. Leo Chanal/LB

6. Christian Harris/LB

7. Kenneth Walker III/RB

8. Breece Hall/RB

they better not take a running back at 46.