5/11 7:10 A's @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

I am watching the Oakland Athletics broadcast.  Their color man (Dallas Braden?) says that Torkelson does not look over matched and that the Tigers should keep running him out there until he figures it out.  I have no idea how much Braden can be trusted, but it was interesting to hear the opinion of an opposing former player.  

I’m beginning to realize the Tigers scouting staff wasted first round draft selections on Matt Manning, Casey Mize and Spencer Torkelson. I hope I’m wrong, however this entire roster is currently a disgrace to the game of baseball.

Edited by UCFKNIGHT

5 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I am watching the Oakland Athletics broadcast.  Their color man (Dallas Braden?) says that Torkelson does not look over matched and that the Tigers should keep running him out there until he figures it out.  I have no idea how much Braden can be trusted, but it was interesting to hear the opinion of an opposing former player.  

He's right... and I'm not sure Toledo does much for him.

3 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

I’m beginning to realize the Tigers scouting staff wasted first round draft selections on Matt Manning, Casey Mize and Spencer Torkelson. I hope I’m wrong, however this entire roster is currently a disgrace to the game of baseball.

Come on

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

He's right... and I'm not sure Toledo does much for him.

I haven't watched all the games, but when I have seen him he looks like he's close.  There are lots of swings and misses, but he is not swinging at many bad pitches.  I think he'll get going.  

it's easy to get critical when things are crappy, but what else is there to do: so, ever notice how many little malapropisms Shep commits? They are mostly subtle like misplaced verb/noun/tense agreement or phases that start out going one place and end just slightly somewhere else. Not that big a deal but a little funny in a guy who has spent so many years in radio. You expect that more from the color guy.

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

I haven't watched all the games, but when I have seen him he looks like he's close.  There are lots of swings and misses, but he is not swinging at many bad pitches.  I think he'll get going.  

He's not seeing speed change so well. The breaking balls he's swinging at are in the zone, but he's out front.