The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

11 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Decided not to give them the attention they desire, but still took the time to snap a pic and post on Twitter because engagement...

yeah that dude is a tool.... that said, I think it's important that it be shown to folks that the Nazis are doing this stuff- do you agree?   What's the best way out of the conundrum?

1 hour ago, pfife said:

yeah that dude is a tool.... that said, I think it's important that it be shown to folks that the Nazis are doing this stuff- do you agree?   What's the best way out of the conundrum?

I don't know, but don't say you aren't giving them attention while tweeting out a video of them that gives them attention.

53 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

and so "public defender" is trending on twitter, people suggesting that he be assigned one or even hire one for pay

This is a case than any reputable lawyer would have to advise his client to plead out for the best deal he can get, but of course there is zero chance of Trump doing that, and who wants to take a case when your client isn't going to listen to your advice? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

He's always acted like the smartest guy in the room. He should be forced to defend himself. Comon, he says he graduated with honors from Penn

Scaramucci once said Trump is smart in some ways, but he thinks has a learning disability which makes it difficult for him to read or concentrate on anything.  Thus, he resents anyone who has those kinds of academic abilities.  It made sense.  

Maybe ADHD or Dyslexia.

When I saw some symptoms of ADHD it sounded very familiar to what I experienced.  I could ace tests but would get a C in class because I didn't do the daily work.  In college classes I would get bored after about 20 minutes and drift off.  I had and have no problem reading things, like if you said "Read the first 4 chapters of this tonight and tomorrow's a test" I would ace it.  But if you told me to fill out this worksheet every day..... nope.  I was "smart but didn't apply myself".  

We took a standardized test my senior year in HS.  When the award ceremonies came out they announced some scholarship thing and were rattling off the usual "smart kids, the all A students".... then me.  I got $500 a semester from that, twice a year not spring/summer my entire college "career" because of that.  And back then that covered like 25% of my tuition.

My son is the same way.  I just figured I was lazy but I'm not sure now.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Scaramucci once said Trump is smart in some ways, but he thinks has a learning disability which makes it difficult for him to read or concentrate on anything.  Thus, he resents anyone who has those kinds of academic abilities.  It made sense.  

Trump is a malignant narcissist, which gives him an inability to ever admit wrong doing, guilt, or truly feeling bad about something he did. From an educational, learning, and retention standpoint, he has all the right answers and thus probably feels he doesn't need to read or study up on anything because he already knows everything. He's a subject matter expert, just ask him. He's also had everyone else do everything else for him. From the time he had his sister cheat on his college entry exams to all of his business dealings. His life is like a book that's being ghost written. He is the face and understands just enough to slick talk his way into a business dealing, while someone else behind the scenes is doing all the leg work likely.

He has a certain, vile kind of people smarts or sense of what a certain group of angry people want. But I genuinely think Trump is a dolt and would test out low on any kind of intelligence tests.

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Trump is a malignant narcissist, which gives him an inability to ever admit wrong doing, guilt, or truly feeling bad about something he did. From an educational, learning, and retention standpoint, he has all the right answers and thus probably feels he doesn't need to read or study up on anything because he already knows everything. He's a subject matter expert, just ask him. He's also had everyone else do everything else for him. From the time he had his sister cheat on his college entry exams to all of his business dealings. His life is like a book that's being ghost written. He is the face and understands just enough to slick talk his way into a business dealing, while someone else behind the scenes is doing all the leg work likely.

He has a certain, vile kind of people smarts or sense of what a certain group of angry people want. But I genuinely think Trump is a dolt and would test out low on any kind of intelligence tests.

I agree.  However, I think his vile people smarts is an evidence of intelligence.  He's just too lazy to have ever developed it.  

I would much prefer my President be someone like an Elizabeth Warren. Someone who has all the intellectual tools and self drive to read and retain information. Someone who can admit when they don't know something and is willing to learn and study up on it. Someone who is also compassionate and empathetic, recognizing that human beings are not numbers to be crunched or pawns in a game. It's too bad we can't elect someone like Liz for President. 😞

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I would much prefer my President be someone like an Elizabeth Warren. Someone who has all the intellectual tools and self drive to read and retain information. Someone who can admit when they don't know something and is willing to learn and study up on it. Someone who is also compassionate and empathetic, recognizing that human beings are not numbers to be crunched or pawns in a game. It's too bad we can't elect someone like Liz for President. 😞

True fact: I started an Elizabeth Warren for President thread on the old board back in 2011.