The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

49 minutes ago, MIguy said:

I'm not even kidding when I say I could see him fleeing to Russia if he gets convicted and is facing doing time.  Could also see it even if he's not convicted yet but loses the election.  

We'll buy him Elba and he can live there and all his followers can go there too and play with their guns and openly hate on everyone not like them (they'll eventually start hating things about each other and turn on themselves).   It'll be a reality show that makes Mama June & Honey Boo-Boo look like NOVA on PBS .  

18 hours ago, MIguy said:

I don't even know what to say. 

Before I saw the video I was wondering whether he was saying here that he would not comply with orders to appear to court or something. Although doing so would certainly serve his victimization premise.

I don't see him fleeing to Russia, a country at war. I could see him exiling himself to Saudi Arabia or Qatar or UAE, where there's an insane amount of luxury he can wallow in.

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Before I saw the video I was wondering whether he was saying here that he would not comply with orders to appear to court or something. Although doing so would certainly serve his victimization premise.

I don't see him fleeing to Russia, a country at war. I could see him exiling himself to Saudi Arabia or Qatar or UAE, where there's an insane amount of luxury he can wallow in.

I don't think any of those countries would allow him in because of their desires to remain on good terms with the USA.

1 minute ago, MIguy said:

I don't think any of those countries would allow him in because of their desires to remain on good terms with the USA.

That didn't stop one of them from murdering one of their nationals on our soil. Although in retrospect that certainly didn't jeopardize their good relations with TFG's administration.

35 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Saudi Arabia is a possibility. They’ve already donated $4 billion to the election campaign thanks to their deal with Jared

30 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Let's wait to see how he executes it.  Trick plays are only good if they work.  If he gives an answer like he did to Walker this past weekend, a union crowd on strike is going to turn quickly.

I think the bar for success here is very low. Trump's going to have a bunch of guys in a union hall hooting and hollering for him. Union guys are historically known for voting Democrat, so it's going to look like a bunch of Democrats are moving over to Trump, and that video with that strain of commentary will air over and over for days on every network that has a news division.

I think there are two audiences being targeted here: independents, and on-the-fence voters of both parties. For each, the effect will be the same: when they see video of a bunch of Democrats whooping it up for Trump, I can totally see them saying to themselves, well, if even Democrats are going for Trump instead of Biden, maybe it's time to get (back) on the Trump train for the big win.

I can even see a new group being announced: Democrats for Trump. That's low-hanging fruit and they'd be nuts not to go there. Sure, Trump is nuts, and the Trump campaign people are nuts, but I don't think they are that kind of nuts. And it doesn't matter that the new group would be synthesized out of astroturf. All that matters is that it happens and is seen.

I think the only thing that will "go wrong" is that he will say something that rises to a new level of objectionable, which will then be rinsed through the news cycle, liberals will be outraged, red hats (and union hardhats) will be delighted and energized, mainstream media will both-sides whatever the comment is to death, and then everyone will leave it in the dust and move on to the next outrage. In the meantime, Democrats for Trump would be the one idea that will survive.

I think this is a genius move and I pray to god they find a way to inexplicably blow it.

Edited by chasfh