The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Well, sure if you spell 'reform' "S" "H" "I" "T" "C" "A" "N"

Exactly—I’ve been using the word “reform” in the sense of blowing up the makeup for the current judiciary, then forming it anew with all new appointments. I did not mean it in the sense of re-educating current judges.

I’d been thinking he would do it as way to tap into the whole anti-deep-state sentiment in general, and as a way to consolidate even more power unto himself, but now that they’ve basically closed down his core New York business down, I could see it being more of a personal grudge now. He would talk about that part, although I would think his surrogates would focus more on something like outrageous woke rulings.

Edited by chasfh

If the government does not come down on Trump soon and start treating him like the criminal defendant that he is, without the special favor they appear to have been showing him so far, then maybe we truly are doomed as a functioning rule-of-law democracy. Only they can prevent forest fires here, and Trump has been flicking matches with impunity so far.

Edited by chasfh

Remember the Real Men of Genius commercials?

Mr Forest Sweeper Guy. 

edit 

This ranks right up there with shining ultra violet light up a COVID patient’s ass and drinking bleach. Not to mention electricity going out when the wind stops blowing

Edited by CMRivdogs
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

LOL!!!  Did you see the lady sitting on Trump's legal team at the front of the courtroom?  She looks exactly like the lady who plays Melania on the Colbert show, sucking in her cheeks.

I think that's his main lawyer.  You can tell why he hired her.

Trump is actually following Roy Cohn's playbook: be as combative as possible. Attack judges, prosecutors, the legal process itself. Flood the court or adversary with countersuits and delaying motions.

But Drumpf and his coterie of weak-imitation-of-Roy-Cohn-lawyers are finally being caught up to... 

Slap ALL of them with contempt. Jail and high-$ cash fines.