The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

8 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

The speech gor you

The "root out the vermin" line was written/said to get your attention.  It worked.  He's in the news yet another day.  

I guess I'm unclear - are you suggesting that nothing Trump says should be covered in detail?

The while "it gotta rise out of you lolol" thing doesn't change the fact that it's wrong. And dangerous. And, on the flip side, is likely something that will end up being used in advertisements against Trump in this upcoming election.

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I guess I'm unclear - are you suggesting that nothing Trump says should be covered in detail?

The while "it gotta rise out of you lolol" thing doesn't change the fact that it's wrong. And dangerous. And, on the flip side, is likely something that will end up being used in advertisements against Trump in this upcoming election.

As far as it looks like to me...

And Lee, I don't want to put words in your mouth...

But it appears that you think Trump is nothing but a two-year-old man-child with mental health issues and that's it. So you don't believe anyone should take ANYTHING he says seriously.

If I have that correct?

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

He'll make another statement in a day or two which will make us forget this one.  

Because I've made my position clear.

Putting this two-year old child into the Presidency again where he can have his daily temper tantrums is an existential threat against this nations democracy. He'll flout the Constitution, as he already did his first term, and institute fascist authoritarianism in this country, which is already halfway there because of his Maga supporters.

And you believe none of that If I am correct Lee?

You think he is a simple joke; manchild with mental health issues... business as usual in this country even if her gains back the Presidency? Because that's what it sounds like from your takes.

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

Normally I don't have to look words up as I have a halfway decently expansive vocabulary but... I DID have to look up "the opposite of hyperbole"...!

No NY Times crossword puzzles for me.

😉

I look up words, too, although I don’t do it so much to find a word I need that I don’t know, as I do to see whether the word I am thinking of using is the exact right one for the sentence at hand. I’m a stickler for rhetorical exactitude.

2 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Because I've made my position clear.

Putting this two-year old child into the Presidency again where he can have his daily temper tantrums is an existential threat against this nations democracy. He'll flout the Constitution, as he already did his first term, and institute fascist authoritarianism in this country, which is already halfway there because of his Maga supporters.

And you believe none of that If I am correct Lee?

You think he is a simple joke; manchild with mental health issues... business as usual in this country even if her gains back the Presidency? Because that's what it sounds like from your takes.

I also think these comments are gonna find their way into the campaign - Trump mentioned Communist and Marxists and whatnot, but really he's referring to everyone that isn't in the tent. And that's a majority of Americans if polls are to be believed that aren't Trumpists.

It's a political loser of a comment, but it got him attention I guess lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

And neither is your litote.

Trump is the most ****ed up public figure in United States history, a complete psychopath.  Another term of his mental illness dominating the nation's psyche would be very bad for the country.  I am questioning his ability and even his motivation to destroy America.  The only thing I am sure about is that everything he does will be for the benefit of one person.   

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I also think these comments are gonna find their way into the campaign - Trump mentioned Communist and Marxists and whatnot, but really he's referring to everyone that isn't in the tent. And that's a majority of Americans if polls are to be believed that aren't Trumpists.

It's a political loser of a comment, but it got him attention I guess lol

I think it will be forgotten in a few days.  And if it's not forgotten, then we'll have to listen to his cult tell us "he didn't really say it", "it doesn't mean what you think it means" and what about something that Biden or Pelosi said.  

Just now, Tiger337 said:

I think it will be forgotten in a few days.  And if it's not forgotten, then we'll have to listen to his cult tell us "he didn't really say it", "it doesn't mean what you think it means" and what about something that Biden or Pelosi said.  

Political ads are a big part of campaigns, always have been. And stuff like this will be in the can.

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

....  The only thing I am sure about is that everything he does will be for the benefit of one person.   

But that's the EXACT reason for his motivation to:

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

... his ability and even his motivation to destroy America.  

To benefit HIMSELF.

That's the EXACT reason he wants to be Kim Jong Un of America.

To this country's detriment.

Just now, Tiger337 said:

The real owners of this country don't want that.  

And hopefully THAT wins out.

That, and lots and lots of Dems voting for a Dem President no matter who it is (yes, even Biden) as well as a majority of Independents.

I'll deal with the oligarchic kleptocracy wannabes by voting mostly Dems into power. No panacea... but it's better then empowering them with Republican control of all the levers of government. Because THAT will cement their past 40+ years of wins. Ever since Reagan, oligarchism has been on a striking rise.

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

And neither is your hyperbole.  

However, the political fact is that bad leaders do tend to get worse if given the chance and pathological personalities generally only get more pathological with time. I have no desire to give Trump the chance to be worse, and it would be a foolish risk for Americans dismiss the high likelihood he would be worse.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

And hopefully THAT wins out.

That, and lots and lots of Dems voting for a Dem President no matter who it is (yes, even Biden) as well as a majority of Independents.

I'll deal with the oligarchic kleptocracy wannabes by voting mostly Dems into power. No panacea... but it's better then empowering them with Republican control of all the levers of government. Because THAT will cement their past 40+ years of wins. Ever since Reagan, oligarchism has been on a striking rise.

I'm sure the Romanov's thought they were the real owners of Russia at the time too. Every country that falls apart looks like it won't until it does.

13 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm sure the Romanov's thought they were the real owners of Russia at the time too. Every country that falls apart looks like it won't until it does.

It just seems that our country keeps getting more and more owned by the oligarchs.  A bunch of them could get together and buy the country if they wanted .  I mean they already have kind of done that, but this would be for real.  I can't imagine Trump turning down an offer like that    

Edited by Tiger337

To me this is where it's different from 2016...they've had 7 years to organize for the Erdogan like takeover of the Republic. They have a blueprint (with the backing of the Federalist Society) including loyalty oaths and the complete takeover of the Justice Department

Hundreds of people are spending tens of millions of dollars to install a pre-vetted, pro-Trump army of up to 54,000 loyalists across government to rip off the restraints imposed on the previous 46 presidents.

*The screening for ready-to-serve loyalists has already begun, driven in part by artificial intelligence from tech giant Oracle, contracted for the project….

The government-in-waiting is being orchestrated by the Heritage Foundation's well-funded Project 2025, which already has published a 920-page policy book from 400+ contributors. Think of it as a transition team set in motion years in advance.

*Heritage president Kevin Roberts tells us his apparatus is "orders of magnitude" bigger than anything ever assembled for a party out of power.

https://www.axios.com/2023/11/13/trump-loyalists-2024-presidential-election?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It just seems that our country keeps getting more and more owned by the oligarchs.  A bunch of them could get together and buy the country if they wanted .  I mean they already have kind of done that, but this would be for real.  I can't imagine Trump turning down an offer like that    

I think Income disparity is the single overarching problem for the political process in the US for this century. The European democracies have done a better job on this issue while the US has let the problem get so bad we may already be past the tipping point where reversal is even possible.

But money is only power until there is blood on the street, then the rich have to run for cover just like everyone else - probably more so. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think Income disparity is the single overarching problem for the political process in the US for this century. The European democracies have done a better job on this issue while the US has let the problem get so bad we may already be past the tipping point where reversal is even possible.

But money is only power until there is blood on the street, then the rich have to run for cover just like everyone else - probably more so. 

Give him enough money and Trump will call off the dogs.  He'll sell the military too.  

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

We're heading back to the days of powerful moguls like Carnegie, Vanderbilt and Rockefeller. Just don't expect that any of the current Robber Barons will leave any monuments for the public good.