The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

16 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Watch the video about halfway thru, when he turns and walks away from M's car. Is that a bandage near his ear? Red spots on his hand the other day, now this. Something is going on.

Trump looks to be very fair skinned (which no-doubt motivates the resort to the tanning solution) and given how many hours he has spent on golf courses in warm climes, by this age he is a prime candidate for skin cancer on his head, neck, ears etc. Squamous cell skin cancers are pretty much a nothing burger. But even melanoma has a decent prognosis if caught early.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/donald-trump-roy-cohn-relationship

How Donald Trump and Roy Cohn’s Ruthless Symbiosis Changed America

In 1973, a brash young would-be developer from Queens met one of New York’s premier power brokers: Roy Cohn, whose name is still synonymous with the rise of McCarthyism and its dark political arts. With the ruthless attorney as a guide, Trump propelled himself into the city’s power circles and learned many of the tactics that would inexplicably lead him to the White House years later.

15 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/donald-trump-roy-cohn-relationship

How Donald Trump and Roy Cohn’s Ruthless Symbiosis Changed America

In 1973, a brash young would-be developer from Queens met one of New York’s premier power brokers: Roy Cohn, whose name is still synonymous with the rise of McCarthyism and its dark political arts. With the ruthless attorney as a guide, Trump propelled himself into the city’s power circles and learned many of the tactics that would inexplicably lead him to the White House years later.

I'm curious if Trump was thrown off by Cohn's homosexuality becoming known or just the stigma of AIDS.   I had wondered to what extent Cohn's private life was known because it was the basis of Secretary of the Army Joseph Welch's famous response to destroy McCarthy (which is an inconvenient story considering modern narratives). 

Homosexuality[edit]

Though the hearings were sometimes about government subversion, they occasionally took on accusations of a more taboo nature: a portion of the hearings assessed the security risk of homosexuals in government. The issue remained an undercurrent throughout the hearings. One such example of this undercurrent was an exchange between Senator McCarthy and Joseph Welch. Welch was questioning McCarthy staff member James Juliana about the unedited picture of Schine with Stevens and Bradley, asking him "Did you think this came from a Pixie?" (a type of camera popular at the time), at which point McCarthy asked to have the question re-read:[18]

McCarthy. Will counsel [i.e. Welch] for my benefit define – I think he might be an expert on that – what a pixie is?
Welch. Yes. I should say, Mr. Senator, that a pixie is a close relative of a fairy. (Laughter from the chamber) Shall I proceed, sir? Have I enlightened you?
McCarthy. As I said, I think you may be an authority on what a pixie is.[19]

Cohn's lover Schine being drafted was the entire reason for the hearings.  Cohn wanted to punish the Army for that. 

26 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I'm curious if Trump was thrown off by Cohn's homosexuality becoming known or just the stigma of AIDS.

No doubt both. Trump is both a germophobe and a textbook case of masculine insecurity so how could he not.

Edited by gehringer_2

50 minutes ago, oblong said:

and to be fair.... he wouldn't have been alone especially at that time.

Its one of those things that Trump appears to reconcile himself to in his subordinates.  The breastplate of righteousness crowd among his theocrat supporters tend to include a lot of closeted or quasi closeted types.    

5 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Its one of those things that Trump appears to reconcile himself to in his subordinates.  The breastplate of righteousness crowd among his theocrat supporters tend to include a lot of closeted or quasi closeted types.    

Since it's Trump, appearance is paramount, so as long as they stay in the closet...