The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

Hammer blow.

MAGA will still flagellate themselves over Trump...

But anyone with an ounce of INTEGRITY needs to jump ship (looking at you right-leaning Indies, moderate Republicans, etc., etc....)

Of course, Trump is even now putting in place his plan to suck the RNC dry of funds and deposit them into his own personal finances (or judgements against him...). 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Hammer blow.

MAGA will still flagellate themselves over Trump...

But anyone with an ounce of INTEGRITY needs to jump ship (looking at you right-leaning Indies, moderate Republicans, etc., etc....)

Of course, Trump is even now putting in place his plan to suck the RNC dry of funds and deposit them into his own personal finances (or judgements against him...). 

This is definitely the part I'm not getting.... obviously poll numbers are what generate discourse (and they are concerning), but you really can't lose sight of the money. Running for President and mounting a campaign to maintain the House / keep the Senate costs $$$$, and in light of Trump's legal issues and fundraising malaise more generally, this continues to be a huge risk factor heading into the election for the GOP

Edited by mtutiger

5 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Lara Trump literally said they should spend every penny to get Trump elected. That is a perfect plan to cripple House and Senate and governor and state house races across the country. It would result in a blue tidal wave.

LOL - right. Having Trump's incompetent, sycophant people in charge of the government I'm not too wild about,  but in charge of the GOP? Go for it I say!

14 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Lara Trump literally said they should spend every penny to get Trump elected. That is a perfect plan to cripple House and Senate and governor and state house races across the country. It would result in a blue tidal wave.

I'm not sure if it includes PAC expenditures or not, but I think I saw someone on Twitter suggest that Trump's entire 2020 campaign cost ~$350,000,000 in 2020. Which is almost equivalent to today's judgment (not including any potential interest charges that could be tacked on). 

We're all so jaded by this mindset of "everything that happens is good for Trump", but I honestly I'm really having a hard time seeing how this doesn't become a negative to both him and the GOP more generally. And given the inevitability of a this ruling, I'm a little more surprised there hasn't been more discussion about campaign financials more generally.

This is all better suited to the 2024 thread, but it's the immediate thing that popped into my mind when I saw it lol

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

This is definitely the part I'm not getting.... obviously poll numbers are what generate discourse (and they are concerning), but you really can't lose sight of the money. Running for President and mounting a campaign to maintain the House / keep the Senate costs $$$$, and in light of Trump's legal issues and fundraising malaise more generally, this continues to be a huge risk factor heading into the election for the GOP

Hillary Clinton spent $1.4 billion in 2016 and outspent Trump by approx. $442 million. I know that Trump is in deep financial trouble and this will likely bleed over into the campaign side of things. But the last time he won he was outspent by nearly a half a billion dollars and it didn't matter.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

22 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Hillary Clinton spent $1.4 billion in 2016 and outspent Trump by approx. $442 million. I know that Trump is in deep financial trouble and this will likely bleed over into the campaign side of things. But the last time he won he was outspent by nearly a half a billion dollars and it didn't matter.

Nobody is saying he cannot win. But it seems pretty obvious that this is not a good thing as well, for him or the party.

Edited by mtutiger

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

Lara Trump literally said they should spend every penny to get Trump elected....

Lara Trump is going to end up in prison if she doesn't turn her brain on.

Where she can join the rest of the Trump Crime Family.

Edited by 1984Echoes

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Lara Trump is going to end up in prison if she doesn't turn her brain on.

Where she can join the rest of the Trump Crime Family.

There is nothing illegal with the GOP spending all their cash on the POTUS election.  There is part of me that wants to see it, to drain the rest of the GOP and keep them completely high and dry after Trump dies.  But there is part of me that doesn't want Trump have any more cash/ability to run his own campaign.

21 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

There is nothing illegal with the GOP spending all their cash on the POTUS election.  There is part of me that wants to see it, to drain the rest of the GOP and keep them completely high and dry after Trump dies.  But there is part of me that doesn't want Trump have any more cash/ability to run his own campaign.

That's not what I am saying...

THIS is what I am saying (sorry Ratko, needed to change your %'s for accuracy):

3 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

after Lara is made GOP chair, breakdown of $$$ would probably be:

5% to non-Trump GOP candidates' campaigns

5% to Trump campaign

45% for Trump legal bills

45% to Trump crime family as grift/patronage/embezzlement/speaking fees/consulting fees

23 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

They could sell the logical leap to the red hats that diverting RNC donations into Trump's defense fund is a legitimate campaign expense, since keeping him out of prison is crucial to his ascending to the presidency.

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Of course, the still-unspoken truth is that Trump won't pay a penny of this or any other judgement, so the ruling may as well have been for $350 quadrillion.

I’m of the belief he will pay nothing in any of this. 

8 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

These shoes he’s selling are preorders that won’t ship until June at the earliest. What are the chances anyone’s receives them? 

A small number will get them and will be used to promote them further.  The rest won't get them.  It is how scams work.