The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Says a lot about his supporters

From the article you shared . . .

“JFK Jr.,” he said, referencing the son of the 35th president who died in a plane crash in 1999. Kallatsa realized he might have come off a bit odd with the suggestion. “I don’t want to sound too much like a conspiracy theorist, but he’s coming back,” he explained. “He’s supposed to reveal himself on the 17th if he’s truly alive. I think we’ll see him.”

There is simply no helping a clod like that. It seems like it would take YEARS and YEARS of counseling and therapy to pull just one person like that back from the brink of conspiracy. To know that there are millions and millions more like this ignorant dolt out there is truly remarkable and frightening.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ewsieg said:

We weren't close to a coup, but it was definitely a coup attempt.

Right, everything they tried to do was unsuccessful.  Thank God for Trump's incompetence and lack of seriousness.  I actually think he got what he wanted out of it - lots of attention, not being viewed as a loser by his followers, a chance to make a profit from his loss and a chance for revenge.  

Nothing really stuck (January 6th was the closest), but we should still be alarmed by someone trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power by any means necessary. Luckily by the time Trump was a lame duck, anyone with any competence left was long gone. We might not be so lucky next time if we aren’t careful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Right, everything they tried to do was unsuccessful.  Thank God for Trump's incompetence and lack of seriousness.  I actually think he got what he wanted out of it - lots of attention, not being viewed as a loser by his followers, a chance to make a profit from his loss and a chance for revenge.  

I don't even know if you can blame it on his incompetence.  There are just too many safeguards in place to allow him to do what he tried to do.   Obviously that leads to the concern about what did he learn about those safeguards and what will he do next time.

Just now, ewsieg said:

I don't even know if you can blame it on his incompetence.  There are just too many safeguards in place to allow him to do what he tried to do.   Obviously that leads to the concern about what did he learn about those safeguards and what will he do next time.

The big thing is that all the lawsuits happened after the election (ie. before rules could be changed in the states).

To me, that's where the danger lies.... what if these states and their legislatures pass laws that allow them to select the electors versus the people? This was shot down in Arizona recently, but who knows, maybe it's something that's attempted after the 2022 midterms in some of these places.

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The big thing is that all the lawsuits happened after the election (ie. before rules could be changed in the states).

To me, that's where the danger lies.... what if these states and their legislatures pass laws that allow them to select the electors versus the people? This was shot down in Arizona recently, but who knows, maybe it's something that's attempted after the 2022 midterms in some of these places.

This is why the midterms scare me so much. All the crazy, Trump friendly candidates running that are not afraid to make these changes. 

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

Impartial election observers and other election oversight officials are being replaced in every single swing state (Arizona, Georgia, etc.) by Trump Supporting Hacks. Their intention is to overthrow our Democracy and to install Trump as fascist dictator. The next coup attempt will be successful.

33 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I still don't get these Trumpers who listen to the Village People. Do they not know who the Village People are?

Reminds me of when GM was using ‘Eminence Front’ in an ad campaign. The lyric, of course, is that you are being ‘put on’. Perfect accidental truth moment in American advertising!

19 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Reminds me of when GM was using ‘Eminence Front’ in an ad campaign. The lyric, of course, is that you are being ‘put on’. Perfect accidental truth moment in American advertising!

When Princess Di died Fox ran a special about her. At the end of the program they played the Green Day song with lyrics “I hope you had the time of your life”. Sappy.  But the title of the song is “good riddance”. Maybe Fox was saying something. 

35 minutes ago, oblong said:

When Princess Di died Fox ran a special about her. At the end of the program they played the Green Day song with lyrics “I hope you had the time of your life”. Sappy.  But the title of the song is “good riddance”. Maybe Fox was saying something. 

not to go completely off topic, but i cant stand "princess" diana.  almost as bad as meghan markle.

15 minutes ago, buddha said:

not to go completely off topic, but i cant stand "princess" diana.  almost as bad as meghan markle.

Yeah - if any one in history benefitted from 'pretty girl' syndrome, it was Diana. She seemed to start out pretty well but by the end of her life it looked like she was getting just as bad as the rest of them. If she had lived longer I wouldn't have been surprised if she would have managed to finally take the shine off her image.

11 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Yeah - if any one in history benefitted from 'pretty girl' syndrome, it was Diana. She seemed to start out pretty well but by the end of her life it looked like she was getting just as bad as the rest of them. If she had lived longer I wouldn't have been surprised if she would have managed to finally take the shine off her image.

typical selfish boomer.

• Haha 1