The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

On day's such as today, with Weisselberg supposedly flipping, I am reminded of many scenes from the Sopranos, but in particular this one. Weisselberg is wired up for sound against his own best friend Donal Trump now, just as Big Pussy was against Tony. Somewhere at Mar-A-Lago, Trump's having himself a stiff, non-alcoholic drink, wondering in dismay, what's next.

Remember there is a significant faction of voters who are excited by the mafia and identify with them in movies and tv shows.  There are also a smaller, but not zero amount of voters who are excited by dictators and identify with them in movies and tv shows.

Even if Trump wanted to make the claim that simply taking the documents meant they were no longer classified or now the 'standing order', could you not simply imply by the executive branch raiding his residence for those documents that the current president implied they are now classified again?

I'd say normally that's not allowed, or I guess able to do, as declassified documents are open to the public, but as Trump never opened them to the public, can't see why Biden couldn't classify them again.

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

but as Trump never opened them to the public, can't see why Biden couldn't classify them again.

interesting point. The originals remain the property of the USGOV don't they? So that would put them under the jurisdiction of the new Admin. I don't think it is unprecedented for material that was once unclassified to be reclassified.

43 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

interesting point. The originals remain the property of the USGOV don't they? So that would put them under the jurisdiction of the new Admin. I don't think it is unprecedented for material that was once unclassified to be reclassified.

Yes. All documents are property of the government.   That was put into effect after Nixon. When you go to a presidential library for research the papers you look at belong to the archives. Once they review everything they will let the respective libraries have some.  That’s what happened to the 33 million that Obama “took”.