The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

On 6/27/2023 at 7:56 AM, oblong said:

His defense team will say that what they were looking at wasn't real, he was just showing off because he's a salesman.

https://www.semafor.com/article/06/27/2023/it-was-bravado-trump-says-he-wasnt-holding-up-classified-documents-in-2021-meeting

Former President Donald Trump insisted on Tuesday that he was not showing off classified documents in an audio clip first published by CNN in which he referred to “highly confidential” material and “secret information” that he could no longer declassify.

“I would say it was bravado, if you want to know the truth, it was bravado,” Trump said in an interview aboard his plane with Semafor and ABC News. “I was talking and just holding up papers and talking about them, but I had no documents. I didn’t have any documents.”

The latest comments suggested a new potential legal argument from the former president: That he was overselling the material he was showing to an aide and people working on a biography of former chief of staff Mark Meadows in the recording, a transcript of which featured heavily in his recent federal indictment.

Also, if I want to know the truth, I am going to disregard anything he says.  That's not to say that he never tells the truth.  It's more to say that truth is simply another transaction for him.  He will always say what will sell whatever he is trying to sell at the moment.  If that happens to be coincidentally true, then he will tell the truth.  That is not unlike many salesmen.  He just goes to the extreme.   

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

I'll never grow tired of all the losing. Just waiting patiently for the big one the puts the Trump Crime Family away for good.

I wonder whether they file these petitions knowing they will lose so they can rail against a Bidenist judiciary that might look like they're going after Trump, but really, it's you, your freedom, and your very liberty they're after.

• Like 1

I will never understand why they let Trump be the one to announce these things where he can be the first the establish the public narrative. They certainly must know it's going to happen so they must be allowing it for some reason I, again, just don't understand.

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I will never understand why they let Trump be the one to announce these things where he can be the first the establish the public narrative. They certainly must know it's going to happen so they must be allowing it for some reason I, again, just don't understand.

Because in a normal world it's probably considered abusive, prejudicial, and even malicious for the legal system to make any public announcements about prosecutions other than the actual filings. When he is charged it becomes a matter of public record - that's how it's supposed to go. The system doesn't really anticipate perps using their prosecutions as means to politically martyr themselves!

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Because in a normal world it's probably considered abusive, prejudicial, and even malicious for the legal system to make any public announcements about prosecutions other than the actual filings. When he is charged it becomes a matter of public record - that's how it's supposed to go. 

With someone this high profile who is a known agitator to the level of public danger, they should make an exception here.

15 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

He's fundraising off of all of this. He may just do more crimes so he can fundraise more.

I believe most of what he does is about money and if nothing happens to him he will definitely commit more crimes.  Why wouldn't he?  

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

I wonder whether they file these petitions knowing they will lose so they can rail against a Bidenist judiciary that might look like they're going after Trump, but really, it's you, your freedom, and your very liberty they're after.

The Georgia Supreme Court is probably about as un-Biden a judicial body as you'll find.

So probably not the best example.

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Because in a normal world it's probably considered abusive, prejudicial, and even malicious for the legal system to make any public announcements about prosecutions other than the actual filings. 

And you can be sure that Donald Trump would make a lot of noise to this effect if they did as well.