The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

image.png.4ab1e4c6ae416505c1f180fd9d37422c.png

Two tiered justice system

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan of Washington, D.C., the judge overseeing former President Donald Trump’s case in the district, previously worked at a law firm that once employed Hunter Biden and worked closely with Ukrainian energy firm Burisma.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/01/trump-judge-firm-boies-schiller-flexner-hunter-biden-burisma-tanya-chutkan/

image.png.57c0e01904dbb48bf7a09b7cc03c7546.png

Edited by digitalpigsmuggler

15 minutes ago, pfife said:

Trump says they're really indicting his followers, not him.   Do his followers get guaranteed a judge that agrees with them politically?

Of course they're indicting many of his followers, they attempted a coup to overthrow the government and overturn the results of the 2020 election. So Trump is right, attempt a coup on your government, and you'll get indicted.

11 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

I do stand firmly with Trump on one thing: why did they wait 2.5 years to arrest this piece of s***?

DOJ should have charged him in the Summer of 2021. He would be in jail right now.

I am probably more pissed off about that than even Trump is.

Justice system in the US can't seem to do anything at a reasonable speed. I guess there is too much money to be made in a system that can burn legal billable hours the way this one does. And since legislators are lawyers, they will never reform the system to end the gravy train.

Don’t forget that key parts of the insurrection gang made it very difficult to get evidence or testimony. Meadows and others refusing to testify, deleting phones, etc. The indictment is for conspiracy, and conspirators tend to cover their tracks. We are still finding new info about the crimes. I would have wanted much swifter action too, but understand why that was difficult and hope the extra time makes the case both stronger and more complete.

• Like 1

You have to gather evidence and it appears all of the evidence came from the GOP sources and that took some time to work though since they wouldn't just volunteer it. If they had arrested him in July 2021 they wouldn't have had a lesser chance at conviction.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

So is this Digital guy some kind of bot?  Seems like a lot of effort for no reason

The jury’s out on this one…. 😁
If the aggravation factor gets to you, remember that you have an “ignore” feature that comes in handy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

It’s fine just wondering what the point is

If only I could provide you with a cogent explanation of his presence here, and if only I could defend the posts in question as to the value of their content, or his responses to other’s posts that aren’t encores of memes….. 

have been hoping that the discourse would elevate to actual discussions of two sides of arguments….. using, you know, original thoughts & words.

** shrug **

Hope springs eternal.

On 8/2/2023 at 9:56 AM, gehringer_2 said:

Justice system in the US can't seem to do anything at a reasonable speed. I guess there is too much money to be made in a system that can burn legal billable hours the way this one does. And since legislators are lawyers, they will never reform the system to end the gravy train.

I would guess that another big part of this is that they have to have all their ducks in a complete row to ensure a conviction, because you can't come at the king and miss.