The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

You know what wouldn't surprise me at this point?

If Dump wound up "hiring" a private militia to surround Mar-A-Lago.   I only put hiring in quotes because he'd never pay them, because he never pays anyone, because he doesn't have anywhere close to the money he claims.    That if the feds want to get Dump, they'll have to risk a  firefight and you better believe he would be more than willing to put innocent people (aka guests at his resort) at risk and use them as human shields.   Nothing is off the table with this son of a bitch.

There'd be plenty of gung-ho gun nuts that would be willing to do this for free. 

Listening to BBC coverage while i'm here on vacation in central Europe, I noted a bit too much both-sides-ism from the anchors when they would ask the US-based reporters basic stuff.  The US-based reporters would correct a lot of misguided stuff. 

11 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You know what wouldn't surprise me at this point?

If Dump wound up "hiring" a private militia to surround Mar-A-Lago.   I only put hiring in quotes because he'd never pay them, because he never pays anyone, because he doesn't have anywhere close to the money he claims.    That if the feds want to get Dump, they'll have to risk a  firefight and you better believe he would be more than willing to put innocent people (aka guests at his resort) at risk and use them as human shields.   Nothing is off the table with this son of a bitch.

There'd be plenty of gung-ho gun nuts that would be willing to do this for free. 

The Spetznatz have a motorcycle gang in the area

So, for the longest time the sentiment here was Trump was never going to be held accountable, he was never going to be indicted, and he for sure will never go to prison for his crimes. Well, he's been indicted, and alot of people (Pence, Bill Barr, Ty Cobb etc.), even from his inner circle seem to indicate the crimes are serious and he stands a good chance of being convicted.

But what happens if he's convicted??

He can't go to prison, right? So what happens?

1 minute ago, RatkoVarda said:

why not? send him to a club fed. SS can join him if they like. we will foot the bill for that. FBP has incarcerated all sorts of people. they are good at it.

Realistically, you really think that could happen? I'm not talking about what you or I want to see, I'm talking about what actaully could happen. Maybe you are right but I can't actually imagine it.

He will certainly be convicted and almost certainly be sentenced to incarceration. Martha Stewart, Mike Tyson and Dennis Hastert all went to jail.

Yes, its hard to believe. Other things hard to believe: Donald Trump was elected President. Donald Trump illegally tried to stop his successor from taking office. If he does not serve time, then its all for naught.

16 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

it would be money well spent

I can think of a couple of possibilities (some not that realistic).

1) If and when he's convicted the government should seize Mar a Largo. Build a wall and turn into a Trumper's Paradise. Change it from a resort to a prison, bring in whomever the government is using for food service, and House Trump, co conspirators and all those convicted in connection with the Jan 6 Capitol attack. Throw in anyone else convicted of similar crimes.

2) GITMO is still a possibility...

3) Camp David seems to be under used recently. The perfect place for the Trump Crime Family to spend their remaining days.

4) We've got a place nearby here. Camp Peary, also known as The Farm. I'm sure there is a small cabin there that can be used. Also a few people who have ways of finding exactly what Kompromat Vlad is using against him. 

the allies in 1814 and 1815 had to figure one of these out.  At first they put Napoleon on an island easy to depart with 1000 of his hand picked men (not sure the exact number).   He departed and came back to France and scared everyone again.   Welp...don't make that mistake again.  The solution is to find an island very geographically remote -- St Helena in the South Atlantic.  So, possibly we could put him in Antarctica or Wake or Midway Islands.  Maybe Bikini Atoll? 

Edited by romad1

3 hours ago, ben9753 said:

So, for the longest time the sentiment here was Trump was never going to be held accountable, he was never going to be indicted, and he for sure will never go to prison for his crimes. Well, he's been indicted, and alot of people (Pence, Bill Barr, Ty Cobb etc.), even from his inner circle seem to indicate the crimes are serious and he stands a good chance of being convicted.

But what happens if he's convicted??

He can't go to prison, right? So what happens?

Nothing has really happened to him.  He is still leading a life of luxury, still scamming people, still very popular and polling no worse than before, still getting all the attention he craves.  America can not quit Trump.  

6 hours ago, ben9753 said:

Realistically, you really think that could happen? I'm not talking about what you or I want to see, I'm talking about what actaully could happen. Maybe you are right but I can't actually imagine it.

I better not speak to what I really want to see...

Although I will say it rhymes with "eclectic hair".

5 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

it would be money well spent

Can we just use an abandoned mine shaft?

No money involved...

Just toss him down the shaft...

And the only thing Secret Service would need to worry about is stopping me from going to the edge of that mine shaft and peeing over the edge...

Edited by 1984Echoes

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Nothing has really happened to him.  He is still leading a life of luxury, still scamming people, still very popular and polling no worse than before, still getting all the attention he craves.  America can not quit Trump.  

and we all know why, don't we?   It's the same reason Jason Aldean's stupid song went to #1 and Morgan Waller's records spiked in sales after the video of him saying the n-word came out.     Many in America has been waiting for an overt, hateful racist.   He's also an insult comic who isn't funny.         The dogwhistle racism of much of the Republican party since Nixon used the Southern Strategy was not enough.  They need it shouted from a bullhorn and that's why he will never go below a certain point with popularity.    It sucks.   I hate being in a country with so much promise that is bogged down with so much hate.   None of that hate advances the people who wrap themselves in it and it goes against absolutely everything that the one they all claim to worship preached.     

Took Ireland a century to finally be done with that kind of ****e and now there's a solid peace there,  the safest country in Europe.   It's no longer a fragile peace, it's real and the ones on each side there that still preach hate are all a bunch of bitter old men and nobody wants to hear them anymore.     Feels like we're a long way off from getting there.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics