The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

16 minutes ago, pfife said:

I love the comments that the SS woudn't allow him to be incarcerated. If it did ever come to it, they have zero authority to prevent it. They can guard him standing outside his cell as well as anywhere. In fact the government would save a ton of money if he made it that simple for them! 🤣

Edited by gehringer_2

55 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Yeah, this requires action on the part of the judge.   This is a threat to Biden, the AG, the special counsel and the Judge.

Actually, as I read it...with my morning caffeine...its about not chilling the witnesses.  

If they were to manage to try, convict, and incarcerate Trump before the election, I don’t see how they can sentence him to anything but house arrest. Even if you put him in Club Fed, never mind regular prison, he’s going to be held up as the ultimate political prisoner, an ex-President of the United States of America kept in a dark and dingy dungeon, treated in a humiliating, shameful, and disrespectful manner, and that could be a triggering circumstance. At least holding him at Mar-A-Lago has the appearance of kid gloves, although no guarantees that won’t trigger, either. (And I do mean “triggering” literally: as incompetent as red hats are at organizing and carrying out their mission as a disciplined unit, they can still do a lot of random damage individually or in small groups before they are vanquished, because they basically have all the weapons. I think all that would be needed are a few guerrilla incidents here and there, presented to them in a heroic David vs Goliath manner,  and that could spread around the country like wildfire.)

The last thing we can do is let Trump leave the country and go to Saudi Arabia. He would be more dangerous in exile and beyond the reach of American justice than he ever could be here and in jeopardy of it.

Either way, the government is in a huge pickle. Trump has masterfully conditioned his hundred million to reject not only any authority the federal government and justice system may have over him, but also to reject the actual American way of governance and even democracy itself. To them, American is about nothing more, nothing less, than law and order, which itself no longer means what institutions say it is, if they ever thought it was. To them, law and order means their right to exercise their own brand of justice in any way they see fit against a rotating set of offenders—black people for centuries, and still to a degree, but also now LGBTQIA+ people, the deep staters, the media, woke business, Democrat-voting liberals, etc. Basically, anyone who doesn’t cotton to their view of what true Americanism is.

In the end, though, I don’t see them even bringing this to trial before the election, anyway. It will be successfully repeatedly delayed until the election, and if he’s elected—if he actually manages to convince Romad-level mainstream conservatives that the federal government overstepped their boundaries and did indeed politically persecute him, so they end up voting for and thereby electing him—then John Eastman and Rudy Giuliani and Boris Epshteyn and all their ilk will be back in the White House and free to pursue their ultimate agenda. And this time, they will not fck it up. 

tl;dr: we have to be really, really careful we don’t allow this to become Trump’s Beer Hall Putsch moment. 

Edited by chasfh
  • Thanks 1

Any ideas on what the big cheating maneuver is going to be in the 2024 election?  Trump has convinced his cult that the dems stole the election in 2020.  So, the Reps must cheat in 2024.  It won't be something sneaky.  It will be very obvious, because it wouldn't be fun for Trump otherwise.  What will it be?  

Not so much cheating but eliminating or restricting the methods of voting.  Republicans think you should be only allowed to vote on Election Day between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm and you stop counting votes at 9 pm so that the media can declare a winner at 11 pm.  

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

In the end, though, I don’t see them even bringing this to trial before the election, anyway. It will be successfully repeatedly delayed until the election, and if he’s elected—

If he is re-elected he will quash all the federal prosecutions and no-one will/can stop him. And he'll sit in DC and dare Georgia to send someone there to arrest him on any state charges.

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

If they were to manage to try, convict, and incarcerate Trump before the election, I don’t see how they can sentence him to anything but house arrest. Even if you put him in Club Fed, never mind regular prison, he’s going to be held up as the ultimate political prisoner, an ex-President of the United States of America kept in a dark and dingy dungeon, treated in a humiliating, shameful, and disrespectful manner, and that could be a triggering circumstance. At least holding him at Mar-A-Lago has the appearance of kid gloves, although no guarantees that won’t trigger, either. (And I do mean “triggering” literally: as incompetent as red hats are at organizing and carrying out their mission as a disciplined unit, they can still do a lot of random damage individually or in small groups before they are vanquished, because they basically have all the weapons. I think all that would be needed are a few guerrilla incidents here and there, presented to them in a heroic David vs Goliath manner,  and that could spread around the country like wildfire.)

The last thing we can do is let Trump leave the country and go to Saudi Arabia. He would be more dangerous in exile and beyond the reach of American justice than he ever could be here and in jeopardy of it.

Either way, the government is in a huge pickle. Trump has masterfully conditioned his hundred million to reject not only any authority the federal government and justice system may have over him, but also to reject the actual American way of governance and even democracy itself. To them, American is about nothing more, nothing less, than law and order, which itself no longer means what institutions say it is, if they ever thought it was. To them, law and order means their right to exercise their own brand of justice in any way they see fit against a rotating set of offenders—black people for centuries, and still to a degree, but also now LGBTQIA+ people, the deep staters, the media, woke business, Democrat-voting liberals, etc. Basically, anyone who doesn’t cotton to their view of what true Americanism is.

In the end, though, I don’t see them even bringing this to trial before the election, anyway. It will be successfully repeatedly delayed until the election, and if he’s elected—if he actually manages to convince Romad-level mainstream conservatives that the federal government overstepped their boundaries and did indeed politically persecute him, so they end up voting for and thereby electing him—then John Eastman and Rudy Giuliani and Boris Epshteyn and all their ilk will be back in the White House and free to pursue their ultimate agenda. And this time, they will not fck it up. 

tl;dr: we have to be really, really careful we don’t allow this to become Trump’s Beer Hall Putsch moment. 

No.

If Trump went into exile, either forcefully or voluntarily...

The cult would die.

Not Trumpism, or the White Trash Bigots that form that core of support...

But without their leader... the cult part of it withers and dies.

IMO.

16 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

No.

The cult would die.

IMO.

Give them Florida.    They can all move there and leave the rest of us alone.   Put that big wall up around Florida and let them tear each other to shreds and drop into a giant sinkhole.  

38 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Give them Florida.    They can all move there and leave the rest of us alone.   Put that big wall up around Florida and let them tear each other to shreds and drop into a giant sinkhole.  

The problem with that is that I want to retire to Lakeland, Florida...

How about shipping all of them to Alaska? And they can take DeSantis with them.

Trump can build a new Mar-a-Lago in YORK, Alaska... right across from Russia so he and Palin and all the other Putin-Fascist-Loving sycophants of his can "keep an eye" on Russia. Or take a quick boat ride over there so they can experience Putinistic Fascism first-hand since they are so in love with it...

Master builder that he is...

5 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

No.

The cult would die.

IMO.

I don’t think so. I think he’d be a considered martyred leader who was forced to leave the country. He doesn’t have to be present in front of people to lead them. Most red hats have never even been in the same county as he at the same time. He would have access to all the same media tools to sow the destruction of America that he’s been using all along.

16 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Have you been there other than spring training? It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.  

I don't want to live there. 

I wasn't clear with my "retiring there" comment...

But what I actually want to do is snowbird there Feb-March... maybe a another month here and there...

But yeah... I hate Florida in general so I don't want a permanent domicile (hmmm... maybe for tax purposes...) in Lakeland Florida.

• Like 1