The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

49 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

He basically has to cut a deal in Georgia.

Melber on MSNBC just said that ABC is reporting Meadows has a deal with Jack Smith. I didn't think it could happen, but they might yet convict Trump of something before next November.

Immunity had been granted Meadows before the grand jury. That has to be disaster for Trump.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/chief-staff-mark-meadows-granted-immunity-tells-special/story?id=104231281

Edited by gehringer_2

The further up the ranks they go, the less I would be okay with misdemeanor/probation/fines type of bargaining. The pawns can get a slap on the wrist and shame, but for Meadows, Guliani and Drumpf I want felony pleas or convictions, even if it’s deemed too dangerous to send an ex-president to jail. They deserve it though.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

The further up the ranks they go, the less I would be okay with misdemeanor/probation/fines type of bargaining. The pawns can get a slap on the wrist and shame, but for Meadows, Guliani and Drumpf I want felony pleas or convictions, even if it’s deemed too dangerous to send an ex-president to jail. They deserve it though.

I think it’s more dangerous if Trump gets away without serious penalty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

I think you're on to something, because the likelihood is that afterwards, they will merely move on to the next democracy-threatening grift.

9 minutes ago, MIguy said:

That’s actually a pretty decent recovery on Trump’s part. Took in the corrective information, acknowledged the right city to the crowd without apologizing, and immediately engaged them with a question about something else to get their minds of the error.

12 hours ago, chasfh said:

That’s actually a pretty decent recovery on Trump’s part. Took in the corrective information, acknowledged the right city to the crowd without apologizing, and immediately engaged them with a question about something else to get their minds of the error.

"without apologizing"

I am pretty sure he has not aplogized for anything his entire life.