The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

49 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

It frustrates me to see people refer to these pending criminal charges as a “sex thing”. I think we’ll see when they unsealed the charges, that there is fraud involved, financial fraud, tax fraud, campaign law violations and probably conspiracy charges (as it relates to finance). It just truly frustrates the hell out of me to see it referred to as “the sex thing“. I’ll say it again I couldn’t give a $&@£ to Whom he sticks and where he sticks it. Don’t care.
These are criminal charges! Not a sex thing.

Of course, he wasn't indicted because of sex.  My question is whether his crimes in this particular case are worse than other corrupt businessmen.  If not, then he still should be arrested but I think the charges won't be viewed seriously by the general population.  They would be viewed as political.      

Edited by Tiger337

12 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

After Cohen was charged, AG William Barr DIRECTED the NY district attorney to CEASE any further investigations of Trump. 

Come on… let’s stop this willful ignorance. 
They all know the “whys”.  

I’m seriously sick of these dismissals of justice prevailing.

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

Of course, he wasn't indicted because of sex.  My question is whether his crimes in this particular case are worse than other corrupt businessmen.  If not, then he still should be arrested but I think the charges won't be viewed seriously by the general population.  They would be viewed as political.      

What charge WOULDN’T be viewed as political?  
So, does he continue with his “get out of jail free” card forever? 

Initially, they wouldn’t go after him because in 2016 or 2015 he was running for office. And then he got into office, so constitutionally they couldn’t touch a sitting president with anything. Then he got out of office, but for some reason, we can’t touch him now either. And now he’s running for office again, so we can’t touch him because he’s running for office.
is it any of this stinking yet? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smr-nj said:

It frustrates me to see people refer to these pending criminal charges as a “sex thing”. I think we’ll see when they unsealed the charges, that there is fraud involved, financial fraud, tax fraud, campaign law violations and probably conspiracy charges (as it relates to finance). It just truly frustrates the hell out of me to see it referred to as “the sex thing“. I’ll say it again I couldn’t give a $&@£ to Whom he sticks and where he sticks it. Don’t care.
These are criminal charges! Not a sex thing.

I think you know me well enough by now to get that by referring to it as “the sex thing”, it is not I who is dismissing this as frivolous. I refer to it as that in an ironic sense because so many people, up to and including the staid and even never-Trump Republican establishment, do think of them as frivolous, probably because they are tied to sex, and I think you yourself have seen plenty of that by his apologists.

That said, I do think that these charges, the campaign finance violations, do exist well down the scale in terms of severity from the treason charges. Those charges are the big kahunas, those are the charges I want to see stick even more than these, and those are the charges I’m afraid he will end up skating on, perhaps even aided by acquittal or dismissal on these charges.

Edited by chasfh

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

After Cohen was charged, AG William Barr DIRECTED the NY district attorney to CEASE any further investigations of Trump. 

Come on… let’s stop this willful ignorance. 
They all know the “whys”.  

I’m seriously sick of these dismissals of justice prevailing.

yeah - I was surprised/disappointed that when Ezra Klein interviewed David French in the NYT he didn't call French out over the criticism that you can't extend the statute of limitations because Trump wasn't charged. If you let that argument stand and it sounds pretty reasonable to the average listener. But if it's actually non-sequitor logic because Trump had taken control of the charging process then not so much. Just because French is now a 'tame' Republican doesn't mean you still don't call him out when he falls back into shading his cases.

• Like 1

Also, let’s not forget if the unimaginable happens and Trump gets elected he can pardon himself for any and all federal charges. If not Trump or another Republican gets elected to the president, they can pardon him on all and any federal charges.
The one thing they can NOT do is dismiss any charges indictments or verdicts on a state level.  They can NOT be pardoned.
So I remain convinced that these indictments at the city or state level of New York, and those that come out of Georgia are very important. Let’s just take this one case at a time.
I’m not dismissing anything. It all needs to be done. They are all important.

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

Also, let’s not forget if the unimaginable happens and Trump gets elected he can pardon himself for any and all federal charges. If not Trump or another Republican gets elected to the president, they can pardon him on all and any federal charges.

That's not unimaginable at all.  It has a very good chance of happening.    

40 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

That's not unimaginable at all.  It has a very good chance of happening.    

I acknowledge that, which is why we should all respect what is happening at state/city level prosecutions of criminal acts. 

He’s going to be convicted/found guilty of some, if not all, of these charges at the state level- either in NY and/or Georgia, and you have to recognize that these convictions  could , in fact, be enough to finally have some people NOT click the lever for him.

8 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

I acknowledge that, which is why we should all respect what is happening at state/city level prosecutions of criminal acts. 

He’s going to be convicted/found guilty of some, if not all, of these charges at the state level- either in NY and/or Georgia, and you have to recognize that these convictions  could , in fact, be enough to finally have some people NOT click the lever for him.

I expect all kinds of appeals and delays without a definitive outcome for a long time if ever.  I also don't expect any minds to be changed.  My only hope is that people just get sick of hearing about him.  

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

How does the state of New York enforce that gag order if he violates it in Florida and Florida refuses to extradite him?

Maybe something with the secret service?  Could a federal agency be directed to end protection or used to enforce state policy?  “You are breaking the law. We aren’t paying for your protection anymore”.  Of course these guys get protected for the safety of the country as much as their own. Capture… torture…. Release secrets. But he doesn’t need physical threats to release secrets.  Just arrange for a blowjob and he spills it all. 

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

How does the state of New York enforce that gag order if he violates it in Florida and Florida refuses to extradite him?

No clue, start multiplying days and fines for each day. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32.....he'll eventually have to go to NY for the trial. Give him a place to stay.

Also add penalties to news services who cover his outbursts

????

I only learned so much during my wife's semester in law school.

18 hours ago, oblong said:

Maybe something with the secret service?  Could a federal agency be directed to end protection or used to enforce state policy?  “You are breaking the law. We aren’t paying for your protection anymore”.  Of course these guys get protected for the safety of the country as much as their own. Capture… torture…. Release secrets. But he doesn’t need physical threats to release secrets.  Just arrange for a blowjob and he spills it all. 

Or he'll just spill the secrets for anyone who simply flatters him.

On 3/31/2023 at 4:14 PM, Tiger337 said:

Like Matt Gaetz?

I know how we were knk about Lindsey Graham being criminally compromised over little boys, but I'm thinking a more likely thing is that someone has arranged for Lindsey to take Kremlin money on the regular, and now they got him.

4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Asa Hutchinson is running for President and saying Trump should not be elected.    He's only adding to the field, which will help Trump win.   

If he’s the GOP candidate in the primary when it comes around to VA i might have to vote for him just on the Sergeant Hartman principle of “he’s silly and he’s ignorant; but he’s got guts; and guts is enough.”

• Like 1