5/18 @ 1:10 Tigers @ Rays

Tigeraholic1

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

We're about to find out how good Hinch really is managing a clubhouse because this one has every reason to start falling apart.

The big thing is that he cannot project relentless negativity, and he doesn't... that's to his credit.

33 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Whether or not he try's to get a real pitcher asap, it will show if Al really believes this team "is ready" to compete for a playoff spot this season. Mize is baked, done-zo, capoot, I don't expect anything from him this season (if ever tbh), Manning is a question, along with now Erod and Pineda.  Skuval and Faedo and Briske...that's this team's lineup for the near future...forfuksakes.

Shoulda signed JV and every other FA starting pitcher. Who knew we would need a dozen SP to get thru May?

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

We get to cover that part.  😭🤣

lol. 

In all seriousness, I've had some gripes with his managing this year, but in terms of handling the clubhouse, I wouldn't put money against him keeping it all together through the lowest of lows. He knows how to handle players as well as any manager in my time watching this team.

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

As much as the injury problems center on the pitching, it's really the hitting that frustrates me more. Even right now, a 4-0 deficit shouldn't seem insurmountable, even against the Rays.... but these guys just can't hit enough.

And they need Harold and Willi in the lineup...which is an indictment on the entire operation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

As much as the injury problems center on the pitching, it's really the hitting that frustrates me more. Even right now, a 4-0 deficit shouldn't seem insurmountable, even against the Rays.... but these guys just can't hit enough.

So Henning writes the other day that they won't call up Clemens because he can't hit lefthanders, while our O's biggest problem is that our supposed switch hitters are not hitting as LEFT handers (i.e. against RHP) . Go figure.

Edited by gehringer_2

9 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

So Henning writes the other day that they won't call up Clemens because he can't hit lefthanders, while our O's biggest problem is that our supposed switch hitters are not hitting as LEFT handers (i.e. against RHP) . Go figure.

Your fault for reading anything  from Lynn.

Edited by Tenacious D

3 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Your fault for reading any from Lynn.

LOL - probably!

Hill Ks  - Ras threw him only two strikes and one of those was  a middle-middle hanging slider that a Major league hitter should have put in the seats.

Leadoff double wasted.

Edited by gehringer_2

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

LOL - probably!

Hill Ks  - Ras threw him only two strikes and one of those was  a middle-middle hanging slider that a Major league hitter should have put in the seats.

Leadoff double wasted.

Leadoff double by Tork as well.... it was a good swing!

1 minute ago, SoCalTiger said:

Watch Paredes outperform Candy going forward. If it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all.

If he does, we'll have to blame the org for refusing to give him any consistent playing time while they drooled over Nicko, W. Castro and Short on the IF and we can argue more about whether that was Hinch or Avila!

1 minute ago, buddha said:

we sure are paying a lot of money for our all glove, no stick ss.

The season has gone beyond farce at this point. Not much to do but watch and laugh. Maybe in 3 or 4 weeks they'll be the real baseball team they were supposed to be and we can see some competitive play, even if it's too late for the standings.

9 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The season has gone beyond farce at this point. Not much to do but watch and laugh. Maybe in 3 or 4 weeks they'll be the real baseball team they were supposed to be and we can see some competitive play, even if it's too late for the standings.

i assume they will turn it around at some point and start to hit back to their normal levels.

maybe that's just me smoking the hopium?

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Reverse Hex for the win today.

I can see the argument from a service time manipulation perspective, given that this season looks like a lost cause at this point, but really, he needs to get more work with ML pitching. That won't happen in Toledo