General Tiger Discussion

oblong

Has Andrew Romine, been universally known as “All 9 Romine” for a long time and I merely missed it or did Jason Beck just make this up? Have I been walking around for years unaware of this? I am not a ‘Sports Bro’ and don’t watch or listen to wall to wall sports shows or podcasts so I could’ve missed this if this is where it was proclaimed. I don’t go to a lot of bars either where drunk people are celebrating and screaming drunk people sorts of stuff which is the only other place it could’ve been slurred into common parlance and seared on to the surface of the collective unconscious . I’ve never heard it here which I think if it were actually a real thing is where I would’ve heard it.

Many many moons ago Selleck came to Durham for a play. The title of the play was, A Thousand Clowns. My wife has always been a huge Selleck fan. We attended one of the shows there and it was great. This was several years after the Magnum television series ended.

10 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Many many moons ago Selleck came to Durham for a play. The title of the play was, A Thousand Clowns. My wife has always been a huge Selleck fan. We attended one of the shows there and it was great. This was several years after the Magnum television series ended.

Filmed in 1965. Jason Robards and a teenage Barry Gordon. A quintessential 60's story.

Edited by gehringer_2

11 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Did he have the Jason Robards role? It's up there on my favorite obscure movie lists.

21 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

There is no way Ohtani is the most popular player in Masschusetts.  Most Red Sox fans barely know he is.  The favorite is probably David Ortiz.  

Have BoSox fans soured on Bogearts? Wasn't he once the next big thing? He's not all that outstanding in any area but he's a pretty nice player overall.