2022 NCAA Football Thread

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

With the Oklahoma St and Alabama losses, Michigan’s chances of getting into the playoff with a close loss to Ohio St just went up, IMO. 

michigan will need to go undefeated to make it.  their schedule is hot garbage.

they're about to get jumped by tennessee.

if youre michigan, root for georgia to run the table and clemson, usc/ucla to lose.

at this point - with that schedule - i find it hard to believe a 1 loss michigan makes it in over an undedeated usc or ucla.

Utah takes the lead on a 4th and goal plus two point conversion with 48 seconds to go... Very poor two-minute clock management from Utah preceded it though, there could be less than 10 seconds left if they had timed it better. They snapped one play with *35* seconds on the play clock (because of a USC injury), and another with about 14.

Let's see if USC can make them pay for it.

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Down goes U$C.     Gotta tell ya, the way the refs handled that clock at the end - it was very very suspect.   

The rule needs to be changed. As it is, an "inadvertent signal" (in this case a 'stop the clock' signal) is treated the same as an inadvertent whistle. They treated the signal as the end of the play, which is ridiculous. An inadvertent signal can be fixed in a way that an inadvertent whistle cannot.

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What a day today, some GREAT games. 

Tomorrow..........

1 - Georgia

2 - Ohio State

3 - Michigan  (sorry, this idea that Alabama will be ahead of them is garbage).   

4 - Clemson

5 - Tennessee

6 - Alabama

I think this is right, though I wouldn't put it past them to have Tennessee jump Michigan because of SEC bias.

8 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think this is right, though I wouldn't put it past them to have Tennessee jump Michigan because of SEC bias.

i wouldnt be surprised if tennessee and clemson are ahead of michigan.  

i would have no problem with it given michigan's terrible ooc schedule.

plus, i dont think penn state is very good.  james franklin is a great recruiter and a very poor game coach.  

9 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Tomorrow..........

1 - Georgia

2 - Ohio State

4 - Clemson

5 - Tennessee

6 - Alabama

Aren't we about at the time for the Tuesday night committee rankings?  Not that it matters right now anyways.

10 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Tomorrow..........

1 - Georgia

2 - Ohio State

4 - Clemson

5 - Tennessee

6 - Alabama

georgia

tennessee

ohio state

clemson

michigan

alabama

ucla

i dont think alabama is all that good this year.  their offense is unbelieveable with young pulling multiple rabbits out of multiple hats, and their running back who is so dang fast.  but that defense looks vulnerable for the first time in a long time.  this loss has been coming for a while.  they should have lost to texas a & m AND texas already.

tennessee has a signature win now, unlike osu who struggled against a bad notre dame team but has blown the doors off of multiple bad teams since.

if youre michigan, root for illinois, penn state, and ohio state to keep winning to boost your schedule.

can we all take a minute to laugh at notre dame?  stanford and marshall both have only one win over an fbs team this year: notre dame.  both AT notre dame.

freeman is recruiting his butt off, but his staff cant coach for shit.

12 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Utah pulls it off despite some incompetence from the PAC-12 officiating crew resulting in an additional play being given to USC.

Pac-12 officiating is notoriously bad but last night was something else.  Two horrendous roughing the passer calls on 3rd down gifted Utah 14 points.  One was an interception that was called back and the Utes scored the next play.  They also called a bad PI in the endzone on a play where feet got tangled. My favorite were the 3 targeting calls on USC that all were overturned on replay but the one actual targeting by a Utah player never got called or reviewed.  Tough way to lose but USC is very much in control of its own fate.   They are a season ahead of progress as next year’s team is the one that should be really good.   Caleb Williams is starting to look like the obvious #1 pick in the 2024 Draft.   He’s got a very Mahomes look to him avoiding the pass rush and effortlessly flinging the ball downfield.  

Edited by Hongbit

41 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Michigan #3 in the Coaches’ Poll. Tennessee deserves to be ahead of Michigan and I think will be in the AP Poll. 

Ask and yee shall receive.

I think each of the #2-4 seeds have a case to be made to be higher than they are. I don't see the rationale in have Tennessee above Michigan, but below Ohio State. Michigan and Ohio State have very similar resumes at this point.

With #1 still scheduled to play #3, plus MS State, Kentucky, and (likely) the SEC Championship; and #2 still scheduled to play #4, plus Penn State in Happy Valley, there is a lot of shaking out yet to do.

13 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don't see the rationale in have Tennessee above Michigan,

Michigan and Tennessee each have only one signature win so far, and in each case its value will end up depending on what that opponent does the rest of the way. Right now Tennessee gets the benefit of the much higher confidence in Saban vs Franklin, which is certainly fair enough, but still subject to revision if 'Bama does continue to falter and PSU rights the ship.

Edited by gehringer_2

25 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Michigan and Tennessee each have only one signature win so far, and in each case its value will end up depending on what that opponent does the rest of the way. Right now Tennessee gets the benefit of the much higher confidence in Saban vs Franklin, which is certainly fair enough, but still subject to revision if 'Bama does continue to falter and PSU rights the ship.

What I meant was that I would be more okay with GA/TN/OSU/MI than GA/OSU/TN/MI... For that matter I would also be okay with GA/TN/MI/OSU.

MI and TN have only one signature win. I think it may be fair to say OSU has none, considering Notre Dame is one upset away from likely not making a bowl game.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Michigan #3 in the Coaches’ Poll. Tennessee deserves to be ahead of Michigan and I think will be in the AP Poll. 

47B5166F-44B4-4D5E-A2D4-1B67D78496D1.jpeg

Not that it matters in the long run but who are the idiots giving Costal Carolina 5 votes after they got their asses handed to them by Old Dominion?