2022 NCAA Football Thread

On 11/3/2022 at 2:18 PM, MichiganCardinal said:

Feels like the QuickLane Bowl when Rutgers plays Boston College.

Waiting for the "I will pay you $5 to go inside and purchase a $12 beer" promo to drop.

I went to a Motor City Bowl with Bowling Green vs Northwestern many moons ago.  The game was a lot of fun, it went down to the last minute or two.

3 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Some results I would like to see today:

- Notre Dame over Clemson

- LSU over Alabama

- Texas Tech over TCU

- Maryland over Wisconsin

- Illinois over MSU

It’ll be interesting to see if the weather impacts Clemson at Notre Dame.  The wind was a considerable factor for Ohio State at Northwestern.  Not an ideal day for a shallow depth chart at RB for OSU.

15 minutes ago, buddha said:

i get the weather, but there is still no way osu shouldnt be able to beat northwestern handily.

if michigan destroys rutgers they should be ranked above osu.  that said, the last time michigan played rutgers it didnt go so well...so watch out michigan.

You’re right, it shouldn’t have been that close.  Northwestern did a good job of controlling possession of the ball in the first half.  The Ohio State passing game was a mix of bad play and weather.  There were some catchable drops and Stroud didn’t look good.  They tried some deep stuff which didn’t make any sense to me.  The intermediate routes should have worked well, but again, there were drops and a few miscommunications.

If they can’t get a healthy RB room, they’re going to have issues at some point.  Today was an example of it as they couldn’t mix and match Williams with anyone else.   Henderson and Hayden were both unavailable due to injury.  Chambers was converted from RB to LB.  They might want to give him some RB reps in practice.  Heck, give the ball to Tuimoloau, that could be fun.

Wow, Northwestern had the ball for over 36 minutes.  I didn’t think it was that much.

Edited by casimir

I was kinda hoping Tennessee would win just for the fact that if we do make the playoffs I'd like less of a chance of running into UGA again but since it appears they have the game well in hand might as well root for a demolition so Tennessee may drop a few. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

LSU-Alabama game is absolute classic. I like the Kelly call to go for 2 to try to win it here. If he sticks with it after timeout. 

I hate Kelly but God Damn did he have some massive balls there and I agree I thought it was the right call even before the play. I'd take my chances of my offense gaining 3 yards then having to stop Young and score again yourself.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Glad to see Clemson exposed. They can’t come back from a 21 point loss that was every bit as lopsided as score suggests. They won’t be in the playoff. 

Never say never.  We don’t know what will happen between now and the playoff teams are announced.