The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

The Dane numbers (if coupled with high turnout in Milwaukee) are a necessity, but I don't know if it's enough based on how the rest of the state votes / how turnout is.

Similar question as Pennsylvania, but Wisconsin was also much closer in 2020.

Right now, Nevada seems pretty shaky, Ralston's winning streak might be up.

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The Dane numbers (if coupled with high turnout in Milwaukee) are a necessity, but I don't know if it's enough based on how the rest of the state votes / how turnout is.

Similar question as Pennsylvania, but Wisconsin was also much closer in 2020.

Right now, Nevada seems pretty shaky, Ralston's winning streak might be up.

Is there any early reasoning as to why this is?

Got back from voting. Good turnout it seems. A few Muslims, which is not unusual for this precinct, a couple blacks and some youngish women. The woman ahead of me was under 21 as I could tell by her ID. Woman behind me looked late 20's with another one who looked 30's and appeared to be with their mother. Outside as I was leaving, they were hugging as if they had just done something memorable. Looked kind of too old to be first time voting so probably voting yes on the abortion proposal. There was a white guy who looked Gen X about late 40's with sunglasses and a goatee. Looked like a real douchebag so he was the only one I could peg as a true Republican.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Got back from voting. Good turnout it seems. A few Muslims, which is not unusual for this precinct, a couple blacks and some youngish women. The woman ahead of me was under 21 as I could tell by her ID. Woman behind me looked late 20's with another one who looked 30's and appeared to be with their mother. Outside as I was leaving, they were hugging as if they had just done something memorable. Looked kind of too old to be first time voting so probably voting yes on the abortion proposal. There was a white guy who looked Gen X about late 40's with sunglasses and a goatee. Looked like a real douchebag so he was the only one I could peg as a true Republican.

If I kept barbiturates in the house I'd be tempted to knock myself out until tomorrow morning and just skip watching returns.....🛌

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Heard  Harbaugh's anti prop 3 radio spot today. He's certainly has the right to believe what he wants but it just goes to show what a tenuous graft the modern major college athletic department is onto its parent University. 

Looks like the student body sees differently then Jim as evidenced by the 3 and 4 hour waits to vote.

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

All this turnout extrapolation is meaningless and should probably be ignored. Just like early voting demographics. Just wait til polls close.

Yup - Acceptance of early voting as the 'normal' thing to do is growing so rapidly with each election that no-one has half a clue who is doing what.

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

In 2018 Scott Walker lost re-election and Baldwin won by double digits. I don't know how Johnson wins if young vote, black vote, and female vote all turnout at those numbers unless there is also a crazy high turnout in white boomer vote.

Oh? You don't?