The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

You need to include a southern state.

Georgia would be best... especially now that it's so purple...

If not then any of North/ South Carolina/ Virginia would have to do...

I would choose Michigan and Georgia, personally... to get a read on a broader/ broadest base of Dem voters possible.

California/ NY/ NJ are givens in a national election. 

After Iowa and NH (at least a read is there on New England Dems...?); Michigan would give the best read on midwestern/ rust belt Dems and Georgia would give the best read on southern Dems... including appeals to purple-area Independents.

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

You need to include a southern state.

Georgia would be best... especially now that it's so purple...

If not then any of North/ South Carolina/ Virginia would have to do...

I would choose Michigan and Georgia, personally... to get a read on a broader/ broadest base of Dem voters possible.

California/ NY/ NJ are givens in a national election. 

After Iowa and NH (at least a read is there on New England Dems...?); Michigan would give the best read on midwestern/ rust belt Dems and Georgia would give the best read on southern Dems... including appeals to purple-area Independents.

Georgia, Michigan and Nevada seem like the sweet spot for first three... it's a nice cross section of voters that the Dems consider important demographically (ie. black, Midwest working class, Hispanic)

• Like 1

Whoever was Fetterman's Campaign Manager should be teaching a class to Democratic Operatives and perspective candidates. That was a masterclass in messaging, branding, and hammering your opponent. They thoroughly took down Dr. Oz and made him look like a clown. As well, at least judging by the graphic above, it seems Fetterman did potentially perform better with white working class and rural areas. We will have to see what the county and precinct demographics look like.

Fetterman joins a line of people in the Senate, including Tammy Baldwin, Raphael Warnock, and Sherrod Brown, that prove that progressive policies can win in swing states and red states. You don't always have to be the lite beer version of the GOP candidate and have a Sista Soulja moment. Fetterman (and Tim Ryan in Ohio) also show how the Democrats need to adopt a more populist, progressive message on the economy, Fetterman was relentless in railing against corporate greed driving inflation, raising the minimum wage, and taxing the wealthy. We needs Democrats all over the map who will campaign like John Fetterman, Tim Ryan, Sherrod Brown, Tammy Baldwin, and Raphael Warnock will on the economy.

Populist progressivism wins!

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
  • Like 2

For New England, I'd say either CT or RI would be better choices for the first one... they're more diverse than NH and not as Blue as MA. 

(although MA, even with its Dem supermajority, still failed to challenge our outgoing governor on many issues, most notably our increasingly embarrassing transit failures, so there's that)

Edited by LaceyLou

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Have they talked about the Area 51 Alien vote?    Really interested to see how they voted this time. 

The Nevada Test Site is one of the most fascinating places I've been.  I've had a grilled ham and cheese sandwich at the DOE cafeteria while i was inspecting a deeply underground target for one of our weapons tests.  The aliens who operate at this site are tame.