The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

One candidate on the ballot.  Lines were smooth and steady.  I saw a co-worker from work and shook his hand.  He was working as a volunteer.  I appreciated that he was ready to deal with the crazies coming for him just to make Democracy work.

voted.jpg

Edited by romad1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure that starting from a conclusion and working backward is the most sound methodology when making race predictions. The background here being that they put Nevada into the blue column and, apparently, had to move PA to red to keep R number greater than 50.

The Rs have a pretty good shot at winning the Senate, but forecasters in this cycle are making some weird decisions at times, and seemingly based on very little data. Or less than one would expect them to have.

10 minutes ago, romad1 said:

One candidate on the ballot.  Lines were smooth and steady.  I saw a co-worker from work and shook his hand.  He was working as a volunteer.  I appreciated that he was ready to deal with the crazies coming for him just to make Democracy work.

voted.jpg

The same with our ballot. Choice between the incumbent Trump toady, Independent guy who quotes 2000 Mules and a retired Army colonel and former county official with an impressive resume.

The election is baked, unfortunately unless the Independent somehow manages to take enough votes away from the incumbent which is unlikely.

Voted by mail a few weeks ago..

29 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

The same with our ballot. Choice between the incumbent Trump toady, Independent guy who quotes 2000 Mules and a retired Army colonel and former county official with an impressive resume.

The election is baked, unfortunately unless the Independent somehow manages to take enough votes away from the incumbent which is unlikely.

Virginia with the off-off year elections definitely throws a wrench in things.   

50 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Hmm… sounds like our Iowa US senate race, except our colonel is a Navy admiral.

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

The poll is probably an outlier, but it wouldn't be the first time this season where an outlet wrote an article looking to dismiss its own polling result.

Kind of bizarre tbh

As I think about it, maybe more likely than bizarre. After months and months of a Republicans-will-win narrative, should they be expected to have written an article yesterday saying, welp, guess we were wrong about tomorrow the whole time?

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

As I think about it, maybe more likely than bizarre. After months and months of a Republicans-will-win narrative, should they be expected to have written an article yesterday saying, welp, guess we were wrong about tomorrow the whole time?

They are invested in the narrative, for sure.

We'll know one way or another after tonight.