The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm also not buying that only Republicans will be voting on election day. Republicans will win the election day vote but I think more Democrats are voting election day than they did in 2020. 

That's definitely true in Philadelphia, which is gonna be an 80-20 type breakdown. It wasn't gonna all be mail ballots there.

10 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

One part of 2020 that feels underdiscussed is how college campuses are back in session in person for the most part... wonder how that affects turnout in college communities.

The outreach I noted above has been aggressive.  My son has no end to free candy from those trying to get him to vote. 

21 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I suppose it's a good thing that dems have those early votes banked that they do.

It's also raining heavily in Orange County where there are some swing districts. It's weird how Republicans turned against banking votes but they seemed to have learned they can't win when more people vote.

I think the Virginia turnout is fueled by a combination of election fatigue...three "major elections in three years" and a number of Congressional districts where there is only one question on the ballot and the makeup of the district leaves it where there is no contest to speak of.

There are only two districts in the state where there is likely to be a close contest. Three years of political ads can wear a person out if they're not political

5 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I think the Virginia turnout is fueled by a combination of election fatigue...three "major elections in three years" and a number of Congressional districts where there is only one question on the ballot and the makeup of the district leaves it where there is no contest to speak of.

There are only two districts in the state where there is likely to be a close contest. Three years of political ads can wear a person out if they're not political

Yeah only having one candidate on my ballot was a bit of a wet fart.