The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

Just got back from voting.  I overheard an election worker stating it had finally slowed down enough for them to sneak in some time to eat snacks.  It still was busier than any time I've voted at this precinct.  High voter turnout is usually good for dems, I'm not sure they want high voter turnout in northern Macomb county though.  The vast majority of the folks in line/voting were roughly 40 years old and younger.  That could just be a fluke, but leans better for dems.

I should have voted straight ticket dem.  It hurt to vote for Nessel and I ended up going Dem the whole way down.  Guess not the whole way as I didn't vote for school Trustee's, I never know about those races.

We should enjoy the relative calm while we can, because we haven’t gotten to the part yet where hundreds of Republicans across the country all up and down tickets charge voter fraud and start throwing monkey wrenches into the works so they can fuck up the transition. That’s definitely going to happen. January 3rd might end up being January 6th all over again, with vicious new wrinkles. Practically every Democrat that day will be in varying levels of danger. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I voted all D but not on purpose. Just ended up that way.  Wasn’t planning on voting for Rashida but did it anyway. Her opponent was all over Dearborn because of the school book thing trying to convince Muslims to vote for him. I try telling them that 5 years ago the republicans wanted to ban them. 

I'm working as a poll challenger for Promote the Vote today in Redford Precinct #20. I'm helping protect people's right to vote, not challenging any votes.

As of 3:15 we had 469 total in person votes. There were 612 total votes, absentee and in person, in 2020. Keep in mind this precinct likely changed a bit with redistricting.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

15 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'll be voting in southern Macomb County so I'll see what the turnout is like. My specific precinct was Biden +18. FWIW, there were a lot more Trump flags in this precinct and he didn't even crack 40%. 

That's how they are though, they think that being the loudest means they are the majority. Silent majority was BS and not based on any actual data in 2020.

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

That's how they are though, they think that being the loudest means they are the majority. Silent majority was BS and not based on any actual data in 2020.

There was a huge Fuck Joe Biden sign only a few blocks away from me but that is in Center Line and not in my district. People still have the same flags up from 2016 but just covering up the Mike Pence part. I only like Joe Biden as a competent leader, he's not my idol or hero. No need to waive his flag around.