The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

The Supreme Court rejecting Roe may have been the greatest thing that could have happened for Democratic prospects in this election. Had they waited to release that decision until later in their cycle (i.e., now) I think we may have seen a much redder turnout.

I also tend to agree that a slight GOP majority in the house probably does prove advantageous to 2024. Nothing of significance was going to be passed with a slight majority House and Senate, for either party. Controlling three branches would have led to calls of a do-nothing party in 2024.

The GOP will demonstrate just how discombobulated their party is, and how lacking in policy objectives they are. It will be fuel for the Dems in 24, regardless of who tops the ticket.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Got to love the Republican strategy of encouraging their voters to only vote on election day and passing on the option to bank votes.

Wonder whether they will consider this a CTJ moment and go all in on early and mail voting in 2024.