The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

The Supreme Court rejecting Roe may have been the greatest thing that could have happened for Democratic prospects in this election. Had they waited to release that decision until later in their cycle (i.e., now) I think we may have seen a much redder turnout.

I also tend to agree that a slight GOP majority in the house probably does prove advantageous to 2024. Nothing of significance was going to be passed with a slight majority House and Senate, for either party. Controlling three branches would have led to calls of a do-nothing party in 2024.

The GOP will demonstrate just how discombobulated their party is, and how lacking in policy objectives they are. It will be fuel for the Dems in 24, regardless of who tops the ticket.

Your post is basically the complement to my post from June.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Isn't that... what politicians are supposed to do??? Deliver on policy?

Cruz is right on one thing, the GOP had no plan or agenda to run on. They just tried to gin up hatred and resentment against the democrats and make people feel like their was a malaise thanks to crime and inflation. It didn't work because they had zero to offer people outside of banning trans athletes and books.

Cruz, through is ranting and name calling, is right that you have to stand for something and deliver for people. With no agenda people won't take you as seriously.

20 minutes ago, pfife said:

I think instead of polling I'm just going to listen to Michael Moore's predictions.    He was right again.  

Plus he drove the sodomobile 

He said Blue Tsunami....................He was off on that, but yes, Michael is more accurate than most.    If it was a true Blue Tsunami we'd have the house, senate and white house and we might only end up with the white house, but so narrowly.  Midterms are supposed to be big swells for the other party.     

The Sodomobile.........Wow, there's a memory.   Dave Grohl & The Foo Fighters have kind of taken that idea and if they know the Westboro nutjobs are going to be around one of their gigs they have rented a big flatbed and driven around playing songs and mocking them,  drowning them out by playing Bee Gees covers, inspired by The Awful Truth.     

One night in 1996 I was on the air, the 7pm - 12am shift at The Edge in Albuquerque and I am the only one at the building at that point and the fax machine starts going off and it just keeps going and going and going and it's page after page after page of just awful anti-gay stuff........sent from Westboro.  It was about 60 pages, maybe more and they were coming over the course of 2 hours until I just unplugged the machine.   I left a note with the station owner explaining why I unplugged it.   We actually had paper recycling so I threw it all in the bin.  Our Sales Manager Ron was Gay.  Great guy, good boss to the sales crew and I didn't want him to see it, but he did see it because the next morning when they plugged the fax machine back in more started coming.  I didn't know how to cancel it.  We should have sued them over the amount of paper wasted.    Sick fuckers.  

• Like 1

It was actually illegal to send a fax unsolicited.  

I know this because we had to fight with one of my marketers in 2001 who wanted to send a Fax that was 12 pages to every potential customer in our expertise, 6000 of them, across the country.  I kept saying "That's going to just make them mad...."

But this marketer "used to be one of these guys, I know them".

16 minutes ago, oblong said:

It was actually illegal to send a fax unsolicited.  

I know this because we had to fight with one of my marketers in 2001 who wanted to send a Fax that was 12 pages to every potential customer in our expertise, 6000 of them, across the country.  I kept saying "That's going to just make them mad...."

But this marketer "used to be one of these guys, I know them".

Do you think Westboro cared about that?    

1 minute ago, RatkoVarda said:

Frisch should hire some Bush v Gore attorneys who have experience with this. Attorneys John Roberts, Amy Comey Barrett and Brett Kavanaugh all help Bush stop any recount. Are they busy these days?

Think about that.  Gore really could have pushed it further, but for the good of the country he didn't.   Wow, imagine that - dignity.  He actually won Florida.   Who knows what happens from that point forward, but he had dignity.   Remember the Gore/Liberman signs replaced with Sore/Loserman signs?   Funny how that stance changed.