The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

That filter or whatever she uses that looks different when she's on camera weirds me out. She has to be using a filter of some kind or does she always look like that?

She is a former TV news anchor. So a bit of creative makeup for the camera along with a soft focus filter. Just a couple tricks of the trade.

So I heard about this "Slavery amendment" in Tennessee so I reached out to a buddy of mine who often claims he's the only democrat in Tennessee.  Turns out he voted to keep slavery in place.  He found out what he did a few hours after he voted as he didn't know much about the amendment but paraphrasing "Nothing gets on the ballot proposed by a democrat, so I have to assume they are all garbage".  He read it wrong and was confused by it and voted no as in 'we don't want slavery', no was actually that they wouldn't amend the constitution to remove it.  So now my buddy is still the only liberal I know in Tennessee, as well as the only person I know that has voted to keep slavery in place.

11 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I missed her name on the ballot because I looked for Democrat.

I was looking at the results for Oakland County to identify neighborhoods where my retirement home could be.  If I see a strong vote for the US Taxpayers Party I won't be moving there. 

3 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

That filter or whatever she uses that looks different when she's on camera weirds me out. She has to be using a filter of some kind or does she always look like that?

It is not a filter...............It is the glow you get when you are touched by Jesus.     I will never have that because I am a heathen, but that's the Jesus glow.   Only Republicans get it because Jesus hates Democrats.  

Just wanted to say that on November 1st I filled out my driver's license renewal application and paid and today, just 9 days later I got it in the mail. Awesome turnaround, it used to take 6 weeks. You're killing it Jocelyn Benson............and I know you can't do exorcisms like Kristina Karamo, but you are doing a great job. Plus, so many registration renewal kiosks that take less than 3 minutes to renew your tabs.........Well done. Nice victory, too.

8 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Do you have any idea what Mitch McConnell, Ron Jonson, Bernie Sanders and the others would taste like?   Gross.   Plus you'd get NO protein from vegan guy Booker.   Big no on that.  

I'm gonna say that there is this thing called grass fed beef but this thread just got weird when I wrote that.

7 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Watching the GOP eat themselves alive has been…*chef’s kiss*

It's delightful.    Sold your soul to the orange-haired Devil and now you want it back?   He's not giving it back.  You belong to him now.  That's on you.  It's gonna take a decade or more to shake him too.   You dove in all the way and now you're drowning.  Again, it's on you.  

You sold your soul so much to him that when one of your colleagues' spouses, an elderly man,  was attacked in their own home with a hammer, you made jokes about it.      I don't think that played well outside of your cult and you can't win on just the cult's support.     

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LaceyLou said:

Not sure I trust it yet... just like I won't believe my condo is mine until I have keys in hand. Looks promising, though!

Masters would have to win over 25% of the remaining ballots, which doesn't seem likely given that he's underperformed Trump 2020 in every county in the state (including ones already completed). 

Dave is on solid ground calling it IMO

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pfife said:

I can't believe people in the GOP think McConnell is a failure.

Personally I'd love it if we had someone 1/2 as successful as McConnell on our team.

A lot of folks on the right were really critical of how he allocated SuperPAC money down the stretch, wanting him to start pouring money into places like New Hampshire and Colorado. 

Can't stand the dude, but he knows what he's doing.... the fact that he wasn't spending in Arizona was kind of a tell that things weren't necessarily as close as the public polls were indicating as well.

Edited by mtutiger