6/24 9:40pm Tigers @ Diamondbacks

Motor City Sonics

9 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Just watched the video of Javy's slam, oh boy did he hit the shit out of that one.  He swings so hard that it is sort of unlikely that he is going to connect, but when he does it is beautiful to see.  It would be nice to see it more often of course.

And with 2 strikes on him. Many hitters, if not most, shorten up their swing to make contact with 2 strikes on them. Not Javy, he swings wildly.

16 hours ago, mtutiger said:

"Its got a chance".... 😆 

I hate it when Pat Hughes if the Cubs does that on no doubter home runs, which he does all the time—it is, regrettably, his signature home run call—and I don’t like it any better when Dan does it.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I hate it when Pat Hughes if the Cubs does that on no doubter home runs, which he does all the time—it is, regrettably, his signature home run call—and I don’t like it any better when Dan does it.

Before he switched to "long gone!", Harwell used to say: "It maybe...it is a Tiger homerun".  

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

Before he switched to "long gone!", Harwell used to say: "It maybe...it is a Tiger homerun".  

Yeah, some people forget that “long gone” was not Ernie’s long-time home run call.

Just like referring to Tiger Stadium as “The Corner”—he didn’t do that until at least the 1990s.

59 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Yeah, some people forget that “long gone” was not Ernie’s long-time home run call.

Just like referring to Tiger Stadium as “The Corner”—he didn’t do that until at least the 1990s.

before the 'corner' wasn't it just 'the old ballpark', which maybe he and Kell both used. 

23 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

before the 'corner' wasn't it just 'the old ballpark', which maybe he and Kell both used. 

I don’t remember even that as an established shorthand phrase used by any local broadcaster specifically referring to Tiger Stadium. I may not have been listening close enough, though.