2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

As concerned as I would be that the electorate is still in a place in which a major party's candidate being a woman would siphon off enough marginal votes to be decisive, if a change were to be made, I do believe that the party's best chance to beat Trump this fall would be Gretchen Whitmer.

Forcing Biden out for Whitmer would be an unmitigated disaster and I like Whitmer. The base would collapse. Where does she get money? How does she put together a staff in four months? What about infrastructure? You think all of Biden’s volunteers will just happily join Whitmer? What about legal challenges from Trump? Who is the VP candidate? This isn’t fantasy football. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Cool, the stock transaction actually occured tho. Got any leads or evidence that Trump hired the shooter to shoot his ear off? Love to see it!

Look at the YTD chart.  The stock went down a lot more in April.  It's been going up and down all year.  

12 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Cool, the stock transaction actually occured tho. Got any leads or evidence that Trump hired the shooter to shoot his ear off? Love to see it!

That’s not my theory, and I don’t know where you got that.

9 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Forcing Biden out for Whitmer would be an unmitigated disaster and I like Whitmer. The base would collapse. Where does she get money? How does she put together a staff in four months? What about infrastructure? You think all of Biden’s volunteers will just happily join Whitmer? What about legal challenges from Trump? Who is the VP candidate? This isn’t fantasy football. 

As far as you're concerned, Biden dropping out would be an unmitigated disaster no matter who were to replace him, but that's a different topic than I am contemplating here.

I have not said I want Biden to be replaced—or even that I don't want that, for that matter. The only thing I want for sure is for Trump to lose, and despite the thirty or forty or whatever it is percent of total polls that are flooding the zone out there showing that Biden is tied or ahead or at least holding ground versus last week, I am not confident that Biden is the guy who has the best chance to do so. He might be, but I truly have no sense of it either way.

What I am saying is that if a change were to be made, I do believe that the party's best chance to beat Trump this fall would be Gretchen Whitmer. I'm not interested in discussing the weeds about how she would build a team, or get donors on her side, or any of that, because I am talking in terms of "if", not "I want". If I were coming from "I want", I would have to contemplate it. Instead, all I am saying here is, if Biden were to be replaced, then based on articles I have seen that have discussed various possible replacements, I believe Gretchen Whitmer would have the best chance of beating Trump in a general election.

(That's setting aside Michelle Obama, of course, who, while polls I have seen show that Democrats believe she would be the runaway favorite among all options to beat Trump in a general, she is not a serious option in any way to replace Biden.)

13 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Look at the YTD chart.  The stock went down a lot more in April.  It's been going up and down all year.  

BLK.N (Blackrock) was the purchaser. Shooter has relationship BEFORE Saturday. All these coincidences and no dots to connect. SS lets him waltz right in with a ladder, long rifle, range finder. Yeah we should all move on and shrug our shoulders.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/blackrock-says-suspect-trump-rally-appeared-2022-ad-2024-07-15/

BLK.N (Blackrock) was the purchaser. Shooter has relationship BEFORE Saturday. All these coincidences and no dots to connect. SS lets him waltz right in with a ladder, long rifle, range finder. Yeah we should all move on and shrug our shoulders.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/blackrock-says-suspect-trump-rally-appeared-2022-ad-2024-07-15/

Is this the only time Blackrock has ever purchased the stock? 

They are just taking a bunch of unrelated facts and pretending that they are part of some big conspiracy theory. 

Blackrock used a bunch of high school kids as background for a commercial.  There was no "relationship".  And the shooter didn't waltz in anywhere.... he was outside of the security perimeter.  He didn't have to go through any security or metal detectors at that point.

Just now, oblong said:

Blackrock used a bunch of high school kids as background for a commercial.  There was no "relationship".  And the shooter didn't waltz in anywhere.... he was outside of the security perimeter.  He didn't have to go through any security or metal detectors at that point.

The security halo that did not include the only high ground 480' from the stage with clear shot to stage. Like I said probably a big nothing burger. 

The security halo that did not include the only high ground 480' from the stage with clear shot to stage. Like I said probably a big nothing burger. 

That is a huge deal and it needs to be investigated fully.  I just don't see how it's connected to Black Rock or George Soros.  

9 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Whenever anyone brings up George Soros as part of a conspiracy, It's a sure sign I should not take them seriously.  

Also a good indicator for sure.

Orange Hitler is due to speak at the convention sometime, but will he? Does he have the nads? He literally dodged a bullet last week, which might be quite humbling. Can the world’s most famous huckster become humble? Millions of people will be watching to find out. If he is humble and sounds presidential, he will win in a landslide over the Party Of Snobs (POS).

The blame cannons will look like the 4th of July, but will be pointed in the wrong direction. Incapable of self-reflection, the POS will serve up endless excuses and blame as they wallow in their own pool of tears, clueless as to why they were rejected.

This will be, for the second time, a giant middle finger to the POS and their endless stream of blue BS, and a giant dose of STFU.

55 minutes ago, oblong said:

I heard JD said he wants a national abortion ban because otherwise George Soros would send "black women" to California for abortions.

We’re done, ladies and gentlemen, catering to Wall Street. We’ll commit to the working man,” Vance said during his address.

Earlier in his speech, the Ohio senator blasted big investors as he discussed the lack of affordable housing.

This is the line I heard this morning that got me shaking my head. Especially from a guy who has made big bucks in investment banking and the head of his party having made several promises to Wall Street types about lowering taxes. Meanwhile the 250 Manifesto that has Vance's fingers all over it will raise taxes on the middle class.

And just a question, after they deport all those "illegals" who is going to get all those low paying jobs in the farming, food, and building industries? If you think white middle class folks are, I have a wall in Mexico I'd like to talk to you about.