2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

5 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Border situation is solved too.  He’s gonna let some guy named Tom Holman handle it. 

Coauthor of Project 2025, the plan that I have never heard of and definitely have nothing to do with... (Wink wink)

He actually said with the straight face “and we’re gonna fix the roads and the bridges too“. Well now wait a minute… I’m pretty sure that’s Biden‘s infrastructure bill that was passed and the work that’s been being done this past year.
It Had nothing to do with you & your big orange fat head full of nonsense. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

What do you think the average, independent and swing voter thinks of this speech? Does his toned down, less raucous, less grievance filled speech is appealing to them in any way?

There will be snippets of the convention coverage tonight that may go viral and be interesting (Hulk Hogan... It's awful but can see the appeal).

The speech itself isn't gonna land IMO. He'll likely get graded on a curve for the first 15 mins, but even that wasn't all that good. Just doesn't have the zip on the heater anymore

And I’m getting pretty damn annoyed. I’ve been wanting to watch my local news for an hour now. I need to know what the weather‘s gonna be like tomorrow and the road conditions, and if there were any more shark sightings down the Jersey shore. I also wanna know if the Mr. Softee ice cream truck has been handling the excessive heat or is this cream melting all over the cones. I need my local news. Enough of this convention bull**** 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

There will be snippets of the convention coverage tonight that may go viral and be interesting (Hulk Hogan... It's awful but can see the appeal).

If he'd have wrapped at around minute 70 (still way longer than normal), this would be more the case... But the longer he goes on, the more and more the speech itself becomes the takeaway of the night.

Edited by mtutiger

12 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The speech itself isn't gonna land IMO. He'll likely get graded on a curve for the first 15 mins, but even that wasn't all that good. Just doesn't have the zip on the heater anymore

I do have a hard time believing average voters watched much of this speech, let alone almost all two hours of it. I do worry though that the soft spoken beginning of his speech may allow people to forget the nasty, vile, dishonest, narcissistic Trump they've come to disdain.