2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I think we might be giving Kimberley Guifoyle’s ignorance too much credit, and we shouldn’t sleep on it. I think she knew exactly what she was doing when she substituted “communists” for “Nazis”, precisely because none of the Oathkeeping Three-precenter Proud Boys are communists. 

Kim managed to go viral again last night.  Can’t post it here but she’s so grimy.  She’s the perfect Trump Stepford.  Donnie should marry her at the end of a coke-fueled weekend in Vegas.

9 hours ago, smr-nj said:

He actually said with the straight face “and we’re gonna fix the roads and the bridges too“. Well now wait a minute… I’m pretty sure that’s Biden‘s infrastructure bill that was passed and the work that’s been being done this past year.
It Had nothing to do with you & your big orange fat head full of nonsense. 

I'm pretty sure one of the hundreds of pages in Project 2025 lists getting rid of the infrastructure bill as a goal.

But of course, Drumpf has never heard of Project 2025, right?

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I know this week has been a low point for us this year and we all came to the conclusion yesterday that Biden is toast, but if there’s one takeaway from this speech, it’s that one horrific performance by Trump could put Biden right back in it, because we are very much a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately country. Was this the performance to do that? Maybe, maybe not. But this speech was the first good thing to happen for Biden since the debate. Eager to see whether they can somehow capitalize on that. 

No, we all didn’t come to the conclusion Biden is toast. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I know this week has been a low point for us this year and we all came to the conclusion yesterday that Biden is toast, but if there’s one takeaway from this speech, it’s that one horrific performance by Trump could put Biden right back in it, because we are very much a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately country. Was this the performance to do that? Maybe, maybe not. But this speech was the first good thing to happen for Biden since the debate. Eager to see whether they can somehow capitalize on that. 

The problem for Biden is that I don't think that performance by Trump is going to tamp down any of the issues he has within his own party.... which seems like a more immediate concern

4 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Tarrifs, restrict iimmigration, and take over the fed so he can lower interest rates. How else would one combat inflation?

LOL I heard a clip on C-SPAN this morning where he said he was going to lower inflation.  Very next sentence he said he was going to lower interest rates.

Putting aside that the president pretty much can't do either of those IN THEORY....

they're also contradictory.

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The problem for Biden is that I don't think that performance by Trump is going to tamp down any of the issues he has within his own party.... which seems like a more immediate concern

Honestly, Biden needs to use it to his advantage. The elites and wealthy donor class don’t want him to be president because they are afraid he is going to deliver for the people. Essentially a populist message like Trump used in 2016 minus the crazy and racism. 

7 minutes ago, pfife said:

LOL I heard a clip on C-SPAN this morning where he said he was going to lower inflation.  Very next sentence he said he was going to lower interest rates.

Putting aside that the president pretty much can't do either of those IN THEORY....

It's sucks that Biden decided to raise inflation.  And then he raised interest rates right after that.  What was he thinking?  

Edited by Tiger337

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

And this mistake is demonstrably worse because Trump actually thinks—or else wants us to think, or else wants us to think he thinks, or all three—that Scott Walker is the governor of Wisconsin. But no serious, reasonable people can actually maintain that Biden truly believes Putin is the president of Ukraine, or that Trump is his vice president.

15 minutes ago, pfife said:

A super high percentage of swing and fence voters don't know and have never heard that they are contradictory, and another big chunk of the rest may have heard that it is contradictory but don't understand why and so don't believe it.

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Honestly, Biden needs to use it to his advantage. The elites and wealthy donor class don’t want him to be president because they are afraid he is going to deliver for the people. Essentially a populist message like Trump used in 2016 minus the crazy and racism. 

But again this presents the problem: he's not out there, he's not on offense, he's not doing much of anything. Obviously at this very moment he has COVID but, ever since this debate, with the exception of his Detroit rally, he has not been able to defend himself or generate any sort of offense to go on. 

We can talk about what Biden should and shouldn't do all we want.... I've frequently also said during some of their leaner months the past few years that the Detroit Tigers should just hit more home runs too. But it's not enough to just talk about it, you have to *do* it.

I am caught in the middle on this and have been ever since the debate.... there's been a lot of things about this whole episode that have been unfair, not the least of which is the casual and gross tossing around of clinical terms like "dementia", especially from people who know better. But on the other hand, the concerns about whether he has enough juice to do this aren't meritless either.... I have eyes and can observe what he's doing. And I just don't know that it works in terms of prosecuting the case for another four years.

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

But again this presents the problem: he's not out there, he's not on offense, he's not doing much of anything. Obviously at this very moment he has COVID but, ever since this debate, with the exception of his Detroit rally, he has not been able to defend himself or generate any sort of offense to go on. 

We can talk about what Biden should and shouldn't do all we want.... I've frequently also said during some of their leaner months the past few years that the Detroit Tigers should just hit more home runs too. But it's not enough to just talk about it, you have to *do* it.

I am caught in the middle on this and have been ever since the debate.... there's been a lot of things about this whole episode that have been unfair, not the least of which is the casual and gross tossing around of clinical terms like "dementia", especially from people who know better. But on the other hand, the concerns about whether he has enough juice to do this aren't meritless either.... I have eyes and can observe what he's doing. And I just don't know that it works in terms of prosecuting the case for another four years.

He had been doing interviews almost every day. He’s done interviews on local radio and YouTube. He has done rallies. He’s done prime time interviews. He done press conferences. He’s done over 20 events. He’s still president. He still has a job to do. 

14 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

He had been doing interviews almost every day. He’s done interviews on local radio and YouTube. He has done rallies. He’s done prime time interviews. He done press conferences. He’s done over 20 events. He’s still president. He still has a job to do. 

And with the exception of the Detroit rally, it's hard to look at the body of what he has done since the debate and see him effectively prosecuting the case.

Hence why we are here.

36 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

And with the exception of the Detroit rally, it's hard to look at the body of what he has done since the debate and see him effectively prosecuting the case.

Hence why we are here.

And no matter what he does people will say that. Hence why we are here. 

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

So far his sources are Libs of TikTok, Babylon Bee, Charlie Kirk and no Josh Hawley. 

Jaosh Hawley is a US Senator. Who sits on a ton of committees, but yes he is not a democrat so...... 

Edited by Tigeraholic1