2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

I've never seen a US Senator who sits on a ton of committees lie their arse off before

sincerely,

no one

Marjorie Taylor Greene sits on some committees in Congress.... does that make her stature unimpeachable too?

2 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

You guys are impossible. If it is not Dem new source its fake news. If its a Rep Senator he is the devil and can't be trusted. We are just never going to find common ground. 

It’s not just a US senator, it’s from someone who was in favor of overthrowing the government. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Tigeraholic1 said:

You guys are impossible. If it is not Dem new source its fake news. If its a Rep Senator he is the devil and can't be trusted. We are just never going to find common ground. 

No, Josh Hawley is the least reliable senator. He was the senator at the forefront of pushing false information that the election was stolen in Pennsylvania. Even after the insurrection he helped stir up, he still claimed the election was stolen based on false information. I can still see Romney’s death stare at him. 

So I am supposed to accept anything that Josh Hawley says at face value? Particularly on a subject like this, given his role in creating the conditions that led to January 6th?

It's not about it being a Dem source or not, it's that Josh Hawley himself, through his words and actions since entering congress in 2019, hasn't proven to be someone worth trusting IMO. Sorry if that offends you.

There are actually Republicans in the Senate that, while I don't like them, have veracity in their public statements. There's at least 30-35 of them. 

Through his words and actions since entering Congress, Hawley just isn't one of them.

Edited by mtutiger

I have messages from 5 posters that tell me they would like to post in here and debate but all you guys do is bully everyone that does not agree with the back patting gang. Look at how many jumped on me immedialty. AOC post something you bow down and say how right she is (for example). We wonder why you are a bullet away from a civil war. You say thats crazy but here we are on the brink. This is just a microcosm of that in our little forum. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The question the Democratic Party is asking has nothing to do with Biden’s past accomplishments. Jeffries is talking around the core issue driving this whole fiasco. The party questions whether or not he has the charisma and energy to move the party forward. This, not his accomplishments, is the sticking point. This isn’t an election about a 30 day term, we’re talking four years.

1 minute ago, 1776 said:

The question the Democratic Party is asking has nothing to do with Biden’s past accomplishments. Jeffries is talking around the core issue driving this whole fiasco. The party questions whether or not he has the charisma and energy to move the party forward. This, not his accomplishments, is the sticking point. This isn’t an election about a 30 day term, we’re talking four years.

Also not seeing a whole lot from these statements (Jeffries, O'Malley Dillon, AOC) that really conflict with the idea that a drop out is being considered or will happen.

Like, the status quo statements are going to hold until the moment that the status quo ends (should it indeed end)... nobody is going to come out and get ahead of that, certainly not figures associated with the actual campaign.

5 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I have messages from 5 posters that tell me they would like to post in here and debate but all you guys do is bully everyone that does not agree with the back patting gang. Look at how many jumped on me immedialty. AOC post something you bow down and say how right she is (for example). We wonder why you are a bullet away from a civil war. You say thats crazy but here we are on the brink. This is just a microcosm of that in our little forum. 

LMAO I've been AOC's biggest hater on this board. I can acknowledge when she is right.

Do these five posters also tell you Biden should drop out of the race?

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

Also not seeing a whole lot from these statements (Jeffries, O'Malley Dillon, AOC) that really conflict with the idea that a drop out is being considered or will happen.

Will you please convey your point to Motown Bombers. He’s having a really really hard time letting go.

4 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Will you please convey your point to Motown Bombers. He’s having a really really hard time letting go.

And what point would that be? That Democrats need to stop urinating on themselves in public and quit with the fantasy football? 

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

LMAO I've been AOC's biggest hater on this board. I can acknowledge when she is right.

Do these five posters also tell you Biden should drop out of the race?

So AOC can be right because YOU say she is right this time. But Hawley can never be right?  Amazing.

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Off the top of my head, Republicans I would trust on this: Romney, Murkowski, Cornyn, Collins and possibly others I can't think of right now. 

The thing is that there's a bunch of them that I vehemently disagree with who, on the whole, are institutionalists and are relatively trustworthy (ie. when they give their word on something legislatively, they follow through on it).... Cornyn, Thune, Moore Capito, others. There's upwards of 30 of these types in the chamber as we speak.

But these generally are folks who came to Washington to actually legislate and get things done. They aren't the type that hunt down the cameras any chance they get.

I don't have much use for the latter (really in either party if I'm being honest).... and Hawley is among that group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So AOC can be right because YOU say she is right this time. But Hawley can never be right?  Amazing.

A Universal Rule of Debate: 

A clear sign that you’ve lost an argument is when you start citing Josh Hawley.  

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

And what point would that be? That Democrats need to stop urinating on themselves in public and quit with the fantasy football? 

Even if I agreed with you (and at this point I don't), the reality is this horse has left the stable. Telling millions of people, including millions of Democrats apparently, to sit down and shut up really doesn't fix anything.

To be clear, I think there's a lot of legit concerns that accompany moving on from Biden, and many of the people itching to throw him overboard (at least the high profile ones like Nate Silver and Matt Yglesias) definitely come across like they are out of touch with various Dem constituencies that still support the President. But the situation just is what it is.... and it isn't entirely just a media creation, Biden and his campaign through his words and actions (not just the debate, but afterward, particularly the first week after) have to bear some blame for where we are.

Remember when the House had the impeachment inquiry and they had a "whistleblower"?

I mean... I'm sorry but if refuting false statements and faking fun of ridiculous opinions is "bullying" then I question the validity and strength of those opinions to begin with.

The fact is the right wing as it existed 10 years ago no longer exists.  It's been replaced by fringe elements with extremist views.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Even if I agreed with you (and at this point I don't), the reality is this horse has left the stable. Telling millions of people, including millions of Democrats apparently, to sit down and shut up really doesn't fix anything.

To be clear, I think there's a lot of legit concerns that accompany moving on from Biden, and many of the people itching to throw him overboard (at least the high profile ones like Nate Silver and Matt Yglesias) definitely come across like they are out of touch with various Dem constituencies that still support the President. But the situation just is what it is.... and it isn't entirely just a media creation, Biden and his campaign through his words and actions (not just the debate, but afterward, particularly the first week after) have to bear some blame for where we are.

What blame does Biden bear? He has literally said over a dozen times in no uncertain terms that he is in the race. He says damn near daily now. What else is he suppose to do?  There are Dems that just won't accept that.