2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

17 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

Joe Biden is miles closer to center than Trump, not sure how thats not clear.

I actually don't know where Trump stands because I don't think he has any real beliefs.  He is a populaist demagogue who loves attention and power.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

I actually don't know where Trump stands because I don't think he has any real beliefs.  He is a populaist demagogue who loves attention and power.  

who has allied himself and his movement to dictators.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Tigeraholic, I do not want you to leave the board!  You are a valuable poster in multiple forums.    

I live too boring of a life to leave. Politics sre fun, look multiple pages of how wrong I am! My wife does not have even have that stanima!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

So we are to the point that the right are all criminals and can't be removed from office? Why do we play the political game anymore? They are voted in by americans do those voices not matter anymore? Only one side stands for our values? 

Depends on what is meant by the 'right'.    The Republican Party has been replaced by cultists.  There's many former republican politicians saying that.  There's a reason we didn't see George Bush, Mitt Romney, Mike Pence, **** Cheney, Paul Ryan, or Dan Quayle at the RNC. They've been squeezed out.  And not because of moderation.  Some of those folks are as conservative as they come.  But they dared question the Dear Leader.  Because of that i cannot take seriously anybody in the current batch of clowns running that party and that includes Josh Hawley.  Whatever they say they "heard" is justifiably not reliable.  They have no redeeming intellectual qualities.

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I thought Cox was one of the "saner" Republicans. My wife had a chance to interact with him recently on a project to bring more civility into politics. He's head of the National Governors' Conference and that's been his pet project, appearing at events with the governors of Colorado and Maryland.

I guess civility only goes so far in Trump's America

18 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

So if Biden drops out, what do dems do for the next month? They would literally have no candidate. 

I think Harris just acts as the defacto likely nominee and starts campaigning as such. Given that she can likely takeover the campaign donations that Biden has already amassed she can begin to run ads (TV, radio, digital, print) and make her case for why her over anyone else and why her over Trump.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I think Harris just acts as the defacto likely nominee and starts campaigning as such. Given that she can likely takeover the campaign donations that Biden has already amassed she can begin to run ads (TV, radio, digital, print) and make her case for why her over anyone else and why her over Trump.

Yeah we have no plan. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

He’s an insurrectionist who tried to overturn the election in multiple states. 

Who runs like a little girl. Go back and take a look at j H during the 1/6/21 insurrection attempt

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yeah we have no plan. 

I would think the way to handle all this is for Biden to voluntarily announce he is not running and announce he's supporting Harris for President. He can make a statement on social media over the weekend/next week. Once Biden is rested and recouped from Covid he holds a formal press conference, with Harris there with him, and announces his endorsement of Kamala Harris for President and that he's turning his campaign team/funds/apparatus over to Kamala. 

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The way to handle this is to run like he has unequivocally stated he is. Run against Trump and the dems. It’s Biden vs the elites. 

"Running against the Dems" sounds like a really half baked strategy for someone who wants to win the nomination of the Democratic Party and who wants any semblance of unity behind them heading into November

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

"Running against the Dems" sounds like a really half baked strategy for someone who wants to win the nomination of the Democratic Party and who wants any semblance of unity behind them heading into November

I’m sure constant calls for him to drop despite him saying without mincing his words he isn’t is unifying. You don’t need to name them. It’s Biden vs the elites and donor class. Trump insulted republicans like little Marco and lying Ted when he ran in 2016. These dems are knifing Biden in the back. Not sure what unity there is now. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I’m sure constant calls for him to drop despite him saying without mincing his words he isn’t is unifying. You don’t need to name them. It’s Biden vs the elites and donor class. Trump insulted republicans like little Marco and lying Ted when he ran in 2016. These dems are knifing Biden in the back. Not sure what unity there is now. 

Wheere is Biden? He still getting spoon fed soup for his cold?

2 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Prolly means he gets relected right? You ever watch him grill Judicial nominees? He is a bulldog.

He's a Republican from Missouri. The job is his until he decides to run for Governor, or President.

Ive seen him, he has a Boebert, MTG feel to me. All hat, no horse