2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump refuses to debate Kamala. "Agreed to debate Biden not a delegitimate candidate".

Or refuses to debate "until Biden resigns", as if that would happen.

Good. Then Trump looks weak and scared. 

• Thanks 1

I’m on vacation and promised myself I would disengage from anything for the week but… holy ****. I haven’t read any responses and glanced at twtitter.  God bless Joe Biden for what he did for our country and let’s ****ing go Kamala!   I’m all in.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My opinion of Obama has gone way down. Obama needed Biden to win. Obama didn't have any relationship with Biden. He chose him because he needed an old white man with foreign relations experience to counter McCain. Biden faithfully served as VP. Obama was younger and much less experienced and Biden never tried to undermine him or steal the limelight. Then in 2016 Obama pushed him aside for Hillary. Then when that failed Biden came in for the rescue. When Biden needed Obama after that debate, we was nowhere to be found. Obama used Biden and put him out to pasture. 

58 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

the problem is that she has been a relatively low-profile VP so she hasn't provided much recent material to work with. I haven't heard anything out there like Al Gore's "I invented the internet" stuff.

#1 issue for them is her turn as the "Border Czar". They will also hammer her for not having been born in the United States, like Obama.

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

My opinion of Obama has gone way down. Obama needed Biden to win. Obama didn't have any relationship with Biden. He chose him because he needed an old white man with foreign relations experience to counter McCain. Biden faithfully served as VP. Obama was younger and much less experienced and Biden never tried to undermine him or steal the limelight. Then in 2016 Obama pushed him aside for Hillary. Then when that failed Biden came in for the rescue. When Biden needed Obama after that debate, we was nowhere to be found. Obama used Biden and put him out to pasture. 

Obama's clique was a bit cold toward Biden the entire last three and a half years.

53 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Other than she doesn’t want it.  Is there a reason not to try to convince Michelle Obama?  If this is really the most important election in the history of democracy then she should be the candidate.  She’d crush Trump even getting in this late. 

I'd like to see this—for one thing, it would validate all those votes I wrote her in for! 😁

But yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just a beautiful dream. The early returns from the first three or so hours suggest it's kamala.

45 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

All we need her to do is win. Barrack can run the country once she's in. 

That would actually generate a legitimate attack: a vote for Michelle is a vote for a third term of Barack, like a sven-jolly. I could see a lot of swing voters and fecne-sitters getting turned off by that idea.

42 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump refuses to debate Kamala. "Agreed to debate Biden not a delegitimate candidate".

Or refuses to debate "until Biden resigns", as if that would happen.

Oh, Trump will definitely say "illegitimate", purposefully, with all the baggage that implies.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That would actually generate a legitimate attack: a vote for Michelle is a vote for a third term of Barack, like a sven-jolly. I could see a lot of swing voters and fecne-sitters getting turned off by that idea.

But if Trump wins in 2024 and Trump Jr runs in 2028, they would have no problem with it.