2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

14 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

It would be shockingly delusional, even for them, if they thought this was true. The election was going to be won - by either side - by <3% in about five states. That was the case Saturday and it's still the case today.

Kamala has a better chance of accidentally flipping Texas than Trump ever has of a 2008 looking map.

It's ALL in the hands of Independents.

Turn out the base, and Republicans get 30% of the vote. And they are locked in (well, at least MAGA is...).

Turn out the base, and Democrats get 35% of the vote.

It's ALL in the middle, with Independents, 35% that could swing either way...

Oh, and what was Trump's standing with Indies?

Not very high IIRC.

Just saw substitute Pence on TV and he had ppl with signs that said swamp the vote which is super great given before they were going to drain the swamp.   Apparently now they know they're the swamp.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

The arguments against Diaper Don and the Bearded Lady Vance could almost write themselves

Oh, please please please use this in your campaign JD. Please please please

• Like 1

What happened to every two seconds of bed wetting idiots that don’t have an ounce of brainpower.   Replacing Biden will never work and only the product of treasonous donors that must secretly love Trump.  My personal favorite was the networks and CNN were fake news that were set up to favor Trump.

I’ve been here long enough to not be surprised at the hypocrisy but it sure looks like the never wrong crowd on here were wrong as hell.  

Smart people often have a hard time admitting they got something wrong.  Much like the tough guy that isn’t afraid to cry, admitting a wrong is a very redeeming quality and has been proven to garner more trust in people for future opinions than refusing to admit.  I can’t say I expect an “ok so I missed that one” or even a “my bad” but it does lessen the forum and the debate if the group think can’t own up to the few times it gets something wrong.   

3 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

What happened to every two seconds of bed wetting idiots that don’t have an ounce of brainpower.   Replacing Biden will never work and only the product of treasonous donors that must secretly love Trump.  My personal favorite was the networks and CNN were fake news that were set up to favor Trump.

I’ve been here long enough to not be surprised at the hypocrisy but it sure looks like the never wrong crowd on here were wrong as hell.  

Smart people often have a hard time admitting they got something wrong.  Much like the tough guy that isn’t afraid to cry, admitting a wrong is a very redeeming quality and has been proven to garner more trust in people for future opinions than refusing to admit.  I can’t say I expect an “ok so I missed that one” or even a “my bad” but it does lessen the forum and the debate if the group think can’t own up to the few times it gets something wrong.   

I'm surprised that the party rallied around Kamala so quickly. Before Biden dropped out, most of the yells were simply "NOT BIDEN", rather than any actual nuanced evaluation of the pros and cons of Biden vs. [Insert replacement here].

I think that's a credit to Biden and how he went about dropping out. One statement bowing out immediately followed by one endorsing Kamala, before anyone could get a breath out in reaction to his dropping out. Give someone a couple hundred million dollars of a head start and the endorsement of the sitting President, and it will be hard if not impossible for any serious competitor to gain traction 100 days out. Rather than chaos begetting chaos (which is what I feared would happen), the chaos lead to a collective "fair enough" shrug at the endorsement of Kamala. Which brought with it unity in the party.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I'm surprised that the party rallied around Kamala so quickly. Before Biden dropped out, most of the yells were simply "NOT BIDEN", rather than any actual nuanced evaluation of the pros and cons of Biden vs. [Insert replacement here].

I think that's a credit to Biden and how he went about dropping out. One statement bowing out immediately followed by one endorsing Kamala, before anyone could get a breath out in reaction to his dropping out. Give someone a couple hundred million dollars of a head start and the endorsement of the sitting President, and it will be hard if not impossible for any serious competitor to gain traction 100 days out. Rather than chaos begetting chaos (which is what I feared would happen), the chaos lead to a collective "fair enough" shrug at the endorsement of Kamala. Which brought with it unity in the party.

I would have to guess somebody made sure in advance most of the possible choices would take themselves out of contention in the 1st hour. With Newsom, Whitmer et al coming out with almost instant endorsements, it was over before it began.

• Thanks 2

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

I would have to guess somebody made sure in advance most of the possible choices would take themselves out of contention in the 1st hour. With Newsom, Whitmer et al coming out with almost instant endorsements, it was over before it began.

Yep. I’m thinking those ducks were already in a row , and were part of the condition/ conversation.