2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

11 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Dave Wasserman of Cook Political Report was saying she has way more paths to 270 than Biden did.  

I don't think it changes much in terms of the overall race dynamics, the blue wall is important (with PA being the most paramount), but having contingency plans in the event that those states don't sweep seems key.

34 minutes ago, pfife said:

I think he wrote something in his book that people have taken wildly inaccurately to troll him.   In other words, turn about is fair play.  

It's like people who interpret The Bible anyway they want to suit their agenda.  

13 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I don't think it changes much in terms of the overall race dynamics, the blue wall is important (with PA being the most paramount), but having contingency plans in the event that those states don't sweep seems key.

Georgia seems gettable since the Lt. Gov (republican) is endorsing her. 

22 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Trump already hitting PA hard with Harris stance on anti fracking. 

10 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

They want to require one true religion for all Americans.  I don't know how broad that is - whether it's some Protestant religion or whether any kind of Christianity is OK.  Not sure they like the Catholics very much.  

The other point was eliminating time and a half for overtime pay.  

The rest of it was tldr

Catholics elevate the Pope to the status of infallibility, worship and pray to Mary Mother of God, and believe in a redemptive purgatory versus being "saved", so political evangelicals don't believe Catholics are even Christians.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Catholics elevate the Pope to the status of infallibility, worship and pray to Mary Mother of God, and believe in a redemptive purgatory versus being "saved", so political evangelicals don't believe Catholics are even Christians.

This is one reason the Mormons are wary of these people.  They love him for all the GOP normie things but they fear the 1st amendment issues and worry that they will be singled out as deviationists. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Another thing dawned on me the other day

16 years ago on the night that Obama was accepting the nomination, it was the 45th anniversary of the I Have A Dream speech and McCain ran an ad during the DNC congratulating Obama on that historic moment.     Wow, has that party changed.   I didn't like them back then, but wow, that was a very classy move by McCain.  

I wonder how many hard-right wackaloon red-hatted Republicans stayed home in November because of both this and his admonishing the old lady about saying Obama is an Arab.

29 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I used to like interacting with you but now you just say dumb sh**. She is on record many times saying she is anti fracking. That is a big deal in PA.

She had me at Kamala, but anti-fracking too? 🥰