2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

1 hour ago, pfife said:

Sorry, I forgot momentarily that he's a senator so I believe him when it wasn't sarcasm and also I believe him when the same statement was sarcasm.   To do otherwise is bullying my fellow posters. 

The "sarcasm" bit just reminds me of how many defenses to these statements in the Trump era boils down to things like "he's trying to be funny" or "it was a joke" yet.... often time the comments themselves are incredibly unfunny or are clearly not jokes at all.

Edited by mtutiger

22 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I’m not trying to incite a riot here with my question, but in all seriousness, what purpose does posting ‘tweets’ here that offer nothing of substance accomplish?

Could you have not made the exact same comment you copied and inserted above. (Answer: Yes.)

Do you feel that inserting someone else’s opinion infers some higher level of credibility than you possess? Like it’s more valid!

”Many people are saying…”

Seriously? It’s just so pointless. 

3 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I’m not trying to incite a riot here with my question, but in all seriousness, what purpose does posting ‘tweets’ here that offer nothing of substance accomplish?

Could you have not made the exact same comment you copied and inserted above. (Answer: Yes.)

Do you feel that inserting someone else’s opinion infers some higher level of credibility than you possess? Like it’s more valid!

The point was that it was an official release from the Harris campaign. Me typing it does not capture this was a press release. 

And why the **** do I even need to explain myself to you?

9 minutes ago, 1776 said:

If I see what someone else said and I agree or like it or otherwise want to share the comment then common courtesy is to share it directly rather than either pretend I came up with it or point out “this person said this…”.   And by providing the link a person can click on it and view it directly.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oblong said:

If I see what someone else said and I agree or like it or otherwise want to share the comment then common courtesy is to share it directly rather than either pretend I came up with it or point out “this person said this…”.   And by providing the link a person can click on it and view it directly.  

In this case, I think it highlights a difference in tone / tenor of campaign having switched from Biden to Harris.

I'd consider that interesting, but OMMV

9 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

GOP votes in the City of Detroit are so rare that Fox reporters regularly try to imply there must be fraud in Det election results. But zero is especially nice.

But what about BLM blasting the process.    I mean you combine the angry BLM folks and Kwame's pull and he's gonna get up to 1, maybe 1.2 percent !

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The point was that it was an official release from the Harris campaign. Me typing it does not capture this was a press release. 

And why the **** do I even need to explain myself to you?

Really? Why do you have to talk to him like that? I get having opinions and not agreeing but that is just not needed. You want it to just be an echo chamber in here for the gang? 

2 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Really? Why do you have to talk to him like that? I get having opinions and not agreeing but that is just not needed. You want it to just be an echo chamber in here for the gang? 

I’m speaking up for all the people who have messaged me saying they are afraid to post here. 

4 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I’m not speaking for MB but I did not interpret it as a legitimate question since he gave what he thought was the correct answer in the question.  So I saw it as a statement to not do such things. Which is a ridiculous thing to say on a message board. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I’m speaking up for all the people who have messaged me saying they are afraid to post here. 

Like I said the gang.... Funny how you went blackout on the Hamasholes once they got to DC after posting countless tweets calling them out. Cat got your toungue all the sudden?

1 minute ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Like I said the gang.... Funny how you went blackout on the Hamasholes once they got to DC after posting countless tweets calling them out. Cat got your toungue all the sudden?

I literally called them Hamasholes in the thread. 

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

I’m not speaking for MB but I did not interpret it as a legitimate question since he gave what he thought was the correct answer in the question.  So I saw it as a statement to not do such things. Which is a ridiculous thing to say on a message board. 

So only certain questions are legitimate? 1776 has been a member here for 20+ years I don't think he was trying throw gas on anything. 

2 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

So only certain questions are legitimate? 1776 has been a member here for 20+ years I don't think he was trying throw gas on anything. 

He’s lucky I even acknowledged him at all with how snarky he was in that post. Your victimhood is getting old. 

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Oh my word

I guess somebody could try to explain to him that some people want to try to leave the world a little bit better-not because they expect to get something out of it, but because they have empathy and kind hearts. Then again, I suspect that whole concept is foreign to him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Do you really not get the "many people are saying" joke that's clearly about what Trump routinely says?