2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I love how Byron York just unironically shares this stuff as if it isn't word salad mixed with absolute horse****

I enjoy following the gang at NR that I used to soak up to see the path they took in a Trump world that took over the former conservative movement. Guys like Byron and Lowry went one way while Goldberg and Nordlinger went another.   I don’t count Kristol in that mix because he seemed to jump sides whereas Jonah and Jay will still stick up for previously held conservative positions.  It’s a good sanity check for me. 

There needs to be a plethora of people from his administration who have the intestinal fortitude to step up, and give the straight from the hip truth about who this man was, and why he should never be given the chance to sit behind that desk again.

Country before politics.  They can’t sit silently on the side for this one.  And if they do, they are complicit.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Looks like Bowman lost. One leftist Hamashole down. Next up is Bush and Omar. 

it looks like over 85K votes in dem side this primary compared to 133K Dem votes for Bowman in the 2022 general.  That looks to me like a pretty good primary to general ratio and I'm going to take that as a sign of good energy in a cycle people keep saying everyone is turned off about.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Kinzinger endorsed Biden

This is what we need more of.

And not just from Never-Trumpers.

But ALSO from TFG's former administration, moderate Republicans who want their party back, etc...

A full-on endorsement of Joe Biden. 

At least until the DJT fascism threat is done and gone.

Depressing story in the NYT about Miriam Adelson prepping to drop $100M for Trump. Can't they just make her register as an Israeli agent?

Another brick in the wall to build the oligarchy brought to you by Citizens United.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, oblong said:

I enjoy following the gang at NR that I used to soak up to see the path they took in a Trump world that took over the former conservative movement. Guys like Byron and Lowry went one way while Goldberg and Nordlinger went another.   I don’t count Kristol in that mix because he seemed to jump sides whereas Jonah and Jay will still stick up for previously held conservative positions.  It’s a good sanity check for me. 

The human psychology of it is easy to understand, especially as one gets older... they based their careers around this stuff, and it's hard to start over; it's easier to just put your head down and play dumb and lie on Trump's behalf than it is to stick to principles

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

The human psychology of it is easy to understand, especially as one gets older... they based their careers around this stuff, and it's hard to start over; it's easier to just put your head down and play dumb and lie on Trump's behalf than it is to stick to principles

Kristol is easier to understand if you remember that he's a neo-con.  He starts and stops at the position that democracy is based on core principles.  He may have advocated for war and all manner of foreign policy adventures because of that position.  Trump represents an un-democratic force.  He's incompatible with the American experiment.