2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

Just now, romad1 said:

So, 

You are welcome to your opinion of his current service to the cause. 

Unless he is 100% behind Biden my opinion is he should **** right the hell off and join the circle jerk with the rest of pansy Dems and stay out of the way. 

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

Well... Then how about:

Buttigieg?

I can't find any polling but do we really think a gay man would do better? If you are making the unprecedented move of putting someone on the ticket nobody voted for, there has got to be some very good data that shows he would win. 

Just now, romad1 said:

That sounds ominous and dramatic.  I hope he has weighed things carefully. 

It's very non-committal in a way that we haven't seen out of Dem leadership thus far, that's for sure.

I'm not even sure if this situation is entirely fair, but it's taking on a life of its own at this point and it's getting harder and harder to see Biden's campaign outrunning it.

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I don't think this is as big of a deal as the pansy Dems are making this out to be. They are literally making it worse by not supporting Biden. 

It's not getting press, but Trump's "black jobs" comments did go viral and are undoubtedly a negative 

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Liar.

Felon.

Fascist.

Criminal.

Moron.

Anti-democratic/ anti-constitutional.

Racist.

Divisive.

Corrupt.

Con-Artist.

How much further would you like me to go on...?

"I can do this all day."

I don't get it. Are you agreeing with me lol

From what I'm reading, here's the weird thing. The pundit's at the debate site say it was a different Biden in the spin room than what was presented on stage. If he does continue as a candidate maybe his prep people need to cut back on facts and numbers and more on jabs on Trump. Let Joe be Joe. Let him keep hammering and put DJT on the defensive.

I'd also focus his campaign on the team. Trump has billed himself has a great businessman but history has shown his management teams have been complete ****s. The same with his White House staff and cabinet . How many of Trump's "underlings" have been charged with crimes? 

40 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

TBH we only watched the first few minutes of the "debate". My wife, the former reporter and newsroom manager, had enough and we turned off the tube. It was like watching a train wreck. I spent part of the evening reading Erik Larson's new book on the time between the 1860 presidential election and the attack on Fort Sumpter which was just as depressing (great book, btw).

I'm opposed to doing any reactionary actions. We're heading into a major holiday travel week and most uncommitted voters are more focused on heading to the beach, mountains or Up North than two old guys arguing. 

I'm willing to step back, take a breath, and evaluate the situation from a distance. Bottom line I'm anti Trump, and the main focus should be on the administration. We know what both parties bring to the table outside the guy with the title and Team Biden wins hands down.

Biden won the debate by a landslide but he’s always been a very poor public speaker.  This was on graphic display for the first 20 minutes and unfortunately plays into the only real question mark to his campaign, which is age and cognitive ability.

You should go back and watch.  Biden settled down and ended up doing very well.  He absolutely destroyed Trump in the debate.   Trump was horrendous.  He did nothing to help himself.  He lied 95% of the time and rarely answered any of the direct questions.    He babbled on about how he was fantastic without offering any actual substance.   Typical Don BS that we’ve grown accustomed to seeing. 

Edited by Hongbit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

It's not getting press, but Trump's "black jobs" comments did go viral and are undoubtedly a negative 

This reminds me so much of Fetterman. Dems pissed themselves back then but what resonated with voters was Oz an abortion is between a woman and her elected official. Republicans were certain they had it in the bag after that debate. 

Just now, Hongbit said:

Biden won the debate by a landslide but he’s always been a very poor public speaker.  This was on graphic display for the first 20 minutea and unfortunately plays into the only real question mark to his campaign, which is age and cognitive ability.

You should go back and watch.  Biden settled down and ended up doing very well.  He absolutely destroyed Trump in the debate.   Trump was horrendous.  He did nothing to help himself.  He lied 95% of the time and rarely answered any direct questions.    He babbled on about how he was fantastic without offering any actual substance.   Typical Don BS that we’ve grown accustomed to seeing. 

No argument. Public perception is a big thing. Most historians agree Nixon won his debate with Kennedy in 1960 but most folks focus on Nixon's sweat and his beard. 
Gerald Ford's "I don't believe Poles consider themselves dominated by the Soviet Union" in 1976. Or Mitt Rodney's " Binders full of women" are moments that get remembered no matter how they performed overall.

28 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

People with a stutter do freeze. The fact is it happened and Dems are completely melting down. MAGA was right when they called Dems snowflakes. Trump has provided many TikTokable moments. Republicans just continue to rally around Trump. They aren't out there saying he needs to be replace by Haley. 

Freezing while formulating the thought in the first place, which is what Biden appeared to do, is not the same as stuttering. 

13 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm not watching because I can't stand Trump, but they were saying the same thing about Fetterman. 

Have you gone back and watched the debate yet?   You should even if you have to mute Trump.  

The Biden issues were pretty bad but he finished very strong.   

Edited by Hongbit

31 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I can't find any polling but do we really think a gay man would do better? If you are making the unprecedented move of putting someone on the ticket nobody voted for, there has got to be some very good data that shows he would win. 

I'm not sure which is better,  where you quickly switch to vibing argument you besmirch others for using, or when you generalized your homophobia to others.

I guess it's better than your normal torrent of anti-semitic videos. 

• Haha 1

I think the potical class and twitter folks need to understand that they are not reality.  Nobody, figuratively-not literally, watches the network news shows. Most people didn't even watch the debate.  They live in a world where they think their opinion still matters.  It doesn't.

5 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Have you gone back and watched the debate yet?   You should even if you have to mute Trump.  

The Biden issues were pretty bad but he finished very strong.   

I watched Biden’s responses but not the whole debate. Biden was bad to start but he won on substance and I don’t think it will affect voters as much as people think. I think Dems are way overreacting and they’re making it worse. 

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Doesn’t not even on the margins? Literally zero votes changed?

Believe it or not, I think there were people who switched from Trump to Biden. I think the net effect was zero. What few focus groups I’ve seen have shown more people move to Biden than away.