2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

2 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I understand that, but if voters get the impression that Biden is not mentally fit and is going downhill, I fear that is going to really hurt voter turnout.  And it wouldn't be a matter of bypassing Biden.  They would have to convince him to drop out due to a "medical problem".  I am not saying that SHOULD happen, but Biden's speaking problems have grown into a significant concern.  It's no longer just a Fox News sound clip.  

There is literally no evidence this had any effect on voters. Biden did fine at the state of the union. One debate later and snowflakes want him to drop out and can't even decide on his replacement. 

I can’t understand how anybody can sit through one of these so called “debates.” Joe Biden has been in Washington for more than 50 years. Trump has been as high a profile figure in politics as anyone for eight years now. Other than dodging questions and blaming one another, what is there to it? There is nothing new. The public records speak louder than their prepared rhetoric. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

There is literally no evidence this had any effect on voters. Biden did fine at the state of the union. One debate later and snowflakes want him to drop out and can't even decide on his replacement. 

It has an effect on me.  I don't want him to be President if he can't communicate sufficiently.  It's just that the alternative is so horrible that there is no other choice for me.  All it takes is to alienate a few thousand swing state voters and the election is lost. 

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Raphael Warnock is neither white nor a Governor.

Brian Kemp is white, he's a Governor, and he'd be replacing Warnock on Earth 2.0 if Warnock won as a candidate on a D ticket

Or are we just gonna throw names out like this is fantasy baseball some more without thinking about the second order effects?

Edited by mtutiger

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Brian Kemp is white, he's a Governor, and he'd be replacing Warnock on Earth 2.0 if Warnock won as a candidate on a D ticket

Or are we just gonna throw names out like this is fantasy baseball some more without thinking about the second order effects?

This is another thing. If Shapiro or Whitmer win, you're upending the governorship in a swing state. Sitting governors running for higher office usually take hits in popularity. People don't like when their focus is split. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

So he's doing a rally in a state he is very unlikely to win?

It's a bright red area in a district that flipped blue to red in '22. Keep in mind Trump lite Glen Youngkin (who's at the rally and possibility for VP) won the state in '21. 
Outside of the DC suburbs, Va is a tossup

Just now, CMRivdogs said:

It's a bright red area in a district that flipped blue to red in '22. Keep in mind Trump lite Glen Youngkin (who's at the rally and possibility for VP) won the state in '21. 
Outside of the DC suburbs, Va is a tossup

The DC suburbs are a major chunk of the population. It's a Biden +10 state. Trump's time would be better spent elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Just as much as Brian Kemp replacing Warnock with a Republican hurts Democrats, so too does a top of the ticket that sinks down ballot races. Biden himself was not a net positive for down ballot candidates in 2020 as evidenced by the beating Democrats took down ballot. In 2016 Clinton actually, potentially, cost Democrats the Senate with her underperformance in two battleground states that had Senate races that yea, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Katie McGinty and Russ Finegold in 2016 were likely hurt by an underperforming top of the ticket.

11 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Just as much as Brian Kemp replacing Warnock with a Republican hurts Democrats, so too does a top of the ticket that sinks down ballot races. Biden himself was not a net positive for down ballot candidates in 2020 as evidenced by the beating Democrats took down ballot. In 2016 Clinton actually, potentially, cost Democrats the Senate with her underperformance in two battleground states that had Senate races that yea, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Katie McGinty and Russ Finegold in 2016 were likely hurt by an underperforming top of the ticket.

Are you voting for Biden?

4 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Polling shows Harris, Newsom and Whitmer do worse against Trump than Biden but my vibes tell me they would all beat Trump. #NYTPitchbot. 

Except those polls are pretty meaningless because none of those people have mounted any kind of national campaign to raise their recognition levels. August to November provides plenty of time for that. Also none of those people have Biden's endorsement, which would be a major factor *if* it does ever gets to that which is still unlikely IMHO.

Edited by gehringer_2