2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Except those polls are pretty meaningless because none of those people have mounted any kind of national campaign to raise their recognition levels. August to November provides plenty of time for that. Also none of those people have Biden's endorsement, which would be a major factor *if* it does ever gets to that. 

Yeah so there is no guarantee either would do better. The chances of it failing spectacularly are higher than it succeeding. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

So I watched a lot of Biden's rally and it was good. He had energy, his voice wasn't raspy, he didn't stumble, he was focused, and the crowd was engaged. I'm guessing a lot of the panicking Dems didn't watch it. 

The one thing they absolutely have to do after last night is get film of Biden looking and speaking better out into the media. They cant be running campaign ads with nothing but Joe's "I approved this message" at the end. We need to see Joe looking better.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

So I watched a lot of Biden's rally and it was good. He had energy, his voice wasn't raspy, he didn't stumble, he was focused, and the crowd was engaged. I'm guessing a lot of the panicking Dems didn't watch it. 

He needs to like that all the time, not just some of the time.  

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

The one thing they absolutely have to do after last night is get film of Biden looking and speaking better out into the media. They cant be running campaign ads with nothing but Joe's "I approved this message" at the end. We need to see Joe looking better.

He literally just did a rally today where he had energy, was focused, and spoke well. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

He is like that most of the time. People are melting down over one debate. 

It's not just one debate.  I get nervous every time I hear him talk now because he keeps stumbling over his words and sounds like he has a bad cold all the time.  Often times, I can barely hear what he is saying.  The debate last night was worse than usual though.   

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Brian Kemp is white, he's a Governor, and he'd be replacing Warnock on Earth 2.0 if Warnock won as a candidate on a D ticket

Or are we just gonna throw names out like this is fantasy baseball some more without thinking about the second order effects?

Can't get rid of Baez because he'll be replacd by Kriedler and McKinstry. 😃

9 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

He literally just did a rally today where he had energy, was focused, and spoke well. 

But that rally isn't going national. That's my point. Those clips have to be the campaign commercials. Not the anti-Trump ones they've been running where you never see Biden. They don't need to persuade the people who are at all alive the facts about what Trump is, they need to get out there and show them what Joe still is - And they can't rely on the media to publicize 'energy joe' because it's not the narrative. They are going to have to build/buy that narrative themselves.

Edited by gehringer_2

31 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It's not just one debate.  I get nervous every time I hear him talk now because he keeps stumbling over his words and sounds like he has a bad cold all the time.  Often times, I can barely hear what he is saying.  The debate last night was worse than usual though.   

That's just because you're old, Lee. 😃

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

It has an effect on me.  I don't want him to be President if he can't communicate sufficiently.  It's just that the alternative is so horrible that there is no other choice for me.  All it takes is to alienate a few thousand swing state voters and the election is lost. 

Just remember, though, that we’re not voting just for the man at the top of the ticket. We’re also voting for everyone he brings into the job with him. Maybe that’s something the Democrats should spend some time highlighting. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

It's a bright red area in a district that flipped blue to red in '22. Keep in mind Trump lite Glen Youngkin (who's at the rally and possibility for VP) won the state in '21. 
Outside of the DC suburbs, Va is a tossup

Good thing the DC suburbs are there, then!

32 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Except those polls are pretty meaningless because none of those people have mounted any kind of national campaign to raise their recognition levels. August to November provides plenty of time for that.

August to November doesn't provide a whole lot of time for fundraising.... and Kamala Harris would be the only candidate who can avail themselves of the $212 million that the Biden campaign is sitting on right now.

People can joke about "replacing Baez with McKinstry" all they want as if these are excuses, but these are real issues that people just avoid when dealing with these hypotheticals that extend beyond Kamala Harris. It just is what it is.

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Would you want a Democratic Senator from Georgia replaced with a Republican, Lee?

lol

I don't necesarily want him to replaced by anyone.  I am just concerned by how he is coming across and I would bet that there are some high level Democrats who are concerned regardless of what they say publicly.  I really doubt they'll make any change at this point.  

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

August to November doesn't provide a whole lot of time for fundraising.... and Kamala Harris would be the only candidate who can avail themselves of the $212 million that the Biden campaign is sitting on right now.

People can joke about "replacing Baez with McKinstry" all they want as if these are excuses, but these are real issues that people just avoid when dealing with these hypotheticals that extend beyond Kamala Harris. It just is what it is.

I wished they addressed it a long time ago.  I really don't know how America got itself in a situation where they are choosing between a 78 year old psychopath and a 82 year old grand pa on the decline.   

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Actually Obama did. His first debate against Romney in 2012 was a disaster and Dems pissed themselves like they normally do and Obama got back at it. 

He stumbled over every sentence and mumbled so softly, you had to strain to hear him?  Hard to believe.   

Edited by Tiger337