2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

After last night and having time to think about it, I’m less concerned than I was. That debate performance was an unmitigated disaster, but at least it’s only June. If this happened in September it would be much worse. There’s a lot of time and things that can happen in the next few months to where we may not remember this much. We can’t have more debates like this however. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

You should have watched the rally today. 

It doesn't matter.  He blew it last night on the national stage.  I know you are a huge Biden supporter and think he can do no wrong and there is nothing I can say to change your mind.  However, I still maintain that his communication skills are a significant problem and that last night was not an isolated event.  The party has a lot of work to do to fix his image before election day.    

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Interesting thread.

The one thing I've really come around on is that while Biden had a terrible night, Trump did himself zero favors as well, particularly with Black voters (ie. "black jobs), with how he came across last night.

But the bar is always lower for Trump.  He sucks 100% of the time, but it doesn't seem to matter with him.  

2 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It doesn't matter.  He blew it last night on the national stage.  I know you are a huge Biden supporter and think he can do no wrong and there is nothing I can say to change your mind.  However, I still maintain that his communication skills are a significant problem and that last night was not an isolated event.  The party has a lot of work to do to fix his image before election day.    

I've said he is a bad speaker and had a poor debate. The fact is, he's a good effective president. I know you want people to piss themselves over the debate, but he is a much candidate than Trump. If you're just going to be useless and piss yourself, than get out of the way. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

But the bar is always lower for Trump.  He sucks 100% of the time, but it doesn't seem to matter with him.  

When you consider that his polling rests a lot on relative strength with black and Hispanic voters at the moment, there are changes within groups that can happen on account of this debate that may not help him.

9 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It is true that when you listen to the debate versus watching it, Biden doesn't seem to do as poorly.

My theory (has been suggested elsewhere today) on the Univision panel MB shared earlier all thinking Biden did better is that there were likely subtitles involved.

If you were reading that debate off of subtitles, that likely swings the entire view of what took place lol

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I've said he is a bad speaker and had a poor debate. The fact is, he's a good effective president. I know you want people to piss themselves over the debate, but he is a much candidate than Trump. If you're just going to be useless and piss yourself, than get out of the way. 

No, I won't just get out of the way.  I don't need to speak the party line. This is not ElectJoeBiden.com.  

Edited by Tiger337

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

My theory (has been suggested elsewhere today) on the Univision panel MB shared earlier all thinking Biden did better is that there were likely subtitles involved.

If you were reading that debate off of subtitles, that likely swings the entire view of what took place lol

Yup because it was being based on substance and not vibes. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's either elect Joe Biden or elect Donald Trump. 

Right, but I am not here to campaign for Biden.  I am concerned that he will not get elected because of his poor communicaton skills and I am expressing that concern here.  Saying negative things about Biden on a Detoit Sports message bored will will have zero impact on his chances.