2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

11 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

In a vacuum, probably not. In reality, where everything from campaign finance to base maintenance is a consideration, she probably is IMO.

I have a real issue with people arguing, correctly or otherwise, about Biden's delusions here who then pump out their own delusions, and who are most of the time uninterested in dealing with any of the cons that would likely accompany those delusions

Biden is the nominee. It isn’t changing. I have a real issue with the delusions that Biden can just be replaced and we have to sit here and piss our pants talking about the debate. If you want Biden to win, you need to move on. This is Hilary’s emails again. 

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Biden is the nominee. It isn’t changing. I have a real issue with the delusions that Biden can just be replaced and we have to sit here and piss our pants talking about the debate. If you want Biden to win, you need to move on. This is Hilary’s emails again. 

I sort of understand this rational to not talk about when it comes to media influencers with hundreds of thousands of followers that could actually impact public opinion.  

This is a Detroit sports message board with 265 members, most of which don’t even bother with the politics forum.   We can talk about hypotheticals without effecting the election. 

Btw, I’m sorry about your uncle.  

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Trump was just as bad in the debate as he was unable to answer any of the questions and all he did was deliver his set of canned talking points which often had nothing to do with the questions and were mostly false.  He said it all loudly and confidently though, so I guess that makes it OK.     

Trump was unable to answer questions truthfully. If you watch clips from some of his rallies he tends to freeze or forget things when the teleprompter dies

50 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I have never not been in on AOC. I always thought she is cut from a different cloth from the rest of the so-called The Squad.

She hasn't accomplished anything. She doesn't pass legislation and wants to take down the party. She has seemed to of matured and understands she needs to build coalitions but she still voted against things like the infrastructure bill. She wasted so much political capital campaigning for Jamaal Bowman. She was hypocritical in calling to primary Democrats but gets offended when they start primarying leftists. There is hope for unlike Tlaib, Bush, Omar etc.  

4 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Yeah, it is pretty odd.  I can believe he's sat with him during a game, but "spends a lot of time" with him doesn't sound right.  I wonder if he also golfs with Trump.  That might be more believable because Trump spent half his presidency on the gold course. 

He admitted online that it was a joke.  Sorry I fell for it, but he has been saying some odd stuff lately.  

Democrats are so stupid at campaigning.  They should win by bigger margins but all this bitching about Biden's debate performance is only bringing MORE attention to it.     Shut up and get behind your guy and if he winds up not being your guy, then embrace who's next.       Stop with all the doubting and get to ****ing work,  you own the issues.........The Republicans only believe in hate, they have no platform except to blame blame blame............you can't beat that?   You're pathetic.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics