2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

55 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This proves that Trump can make moves we can all see are smart.

Further to this point, it is probably not in Trump’s nature to avoid piling on in cruel ways when this happens. I think probably someone had to tell him he needs to sit back and let the Democrats eat themselves, and I don’t think it was aides who told him. I think it was a benefactor. 

7 minutes ago, oblong said:

Did I miss something because twitter is acting like he's going to drop out.

The NYT poll dropped. Trump gained two points over their last one.

It's gonna take a little bit longer, but I think it's gonna end up happening myself. Whether it's fair or not is an open question, but they cannot win if this distraction continues

Edited by mtutiger

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Is he all over RWM hammering Biden on his debate performance? I don’t know, I’m just asking. 

I was just asking too.  I already said way earlier in the thread that Trump was gaslighting the audiemce by pretending to be somewhat normal during the debate.  He let Biden do the work for him. Trump has no intellect, but he is smart when it comes to BS and manipulation.  

Edited by Tiger337

There's only one way this is going to stop: Biden has to start nailing public appearances, period, starting with Stephanopoulos.

Biden has to look sharp, be articulate, and most of all, not rush his words like he did to open the debate. I think his trying to speak faster than a drug commercial reeling off side effects is the main thing that caused him to stumble all over the place. He doesn't have to speak slowly, and in fact he shouldn't because that would be just as bad, but one of the core things he needs to work on moderating the speed of his delivery. Because he needs to projects confidence every time we see him from now on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

There's only one way this is going to stop: Biden has to start nailing public appearances, period, starting with Stephanopoulos.

Biden has to look sharp, be articulate, and most of all, not rush his words like he did to open the debate. I think his trying to speak faster than a drug commercial reeling off side effects is the main thing that caused him to stumble all over the place. He doesn't have to speak slowly, and in fact he shouldn't because that would be just as bad, but one of the core things he needs to work on moderating the speed of his delivery. Because he needs to projects confidence every time we see him from now on.

He should have learned from Obama.  He talked hesitantly all the time, but was probably the best communicator of any President of my lifetime.